C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Astro top

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 05:25 PM
Aaron76
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Astro top

has any one out there bought an astro top for a c3 if so what did you think of it and do you have any pic's it is not clear on thier web site how it fastens down
I sure like the idea but I don't know if it is junk or not.
Thanks
Old 01-27-2002, 05:48 PM
inqbus383
Instructor

Default Re: Astro top (Aaron76)

I bought one a few weeks ago. It uses the normal front attachment holes, but in the back it just presses up on the headliner to hold itself down. It also holds onto the holes in the center t-top bar. It may have been better for it to use all of the normal t-top mounting places, but it stays on fine. I only have a tiny air leak, which I can fix with some adjustment. In my opinion, it looks great, gives me more head room, solved my water leak problem, and allows for a greater field of vision. Worth the 400$ to me. I'll try to find a camera eventually to post pics.
Old 01-27-2002, 07:02 PM
Clink69
Drifting

Default Re: Astro top (inqbus383)

I bought one a few weeks ago. It uses the normal front attachment holes, but in the back it just presses up on the headliner to hold itself down. It also holds onto the holes in the center t-top bar. It may have been better for it to use all of the normal t-top mounting places, but it stays on fine. I only have a tiny air leak, which I can fix with some adjustment. In my opinion, it looks great, gives me more head room, solved my water leak problem, and allows for a greater field of vision. Worth the 400$ to me. I'll try to find a camera eventually to post pics.
I know about a month ago I saw a post for one of these. They have designed a piece to latch it down more securely. You should check it out.. I think it had detailed pics... :flag

Get notified of new replies

To Astro top

Quick Reply: Astro top