C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side pipe muflers

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 03:07 PM
Aaron76
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Side pipe muflers

has any one out there used the spiralturbobaffles for thier 4" Hooker side pipes. If so what did you think of them and how much were they.
I have herd that they sound & preform better
does anyone know if they resist rot better than reverse flow
Old 01-27-2002, 03:34 PM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Re: Side pipe muflers (Aaron76)

I plan on using the spiral baffles whenever I have a spare $300 laying around, until then it's open header side pipes. Yes, they will resist rot better than the Hooker mufflers because they are made of stainless steel. They are also the best flowing muffler available for the side pipes other than running open headers (in fact the mufflers have been equated to running open headers).
Old 01-27-2002, 07:35 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: Side pipe muflers (bence13_33)

Bence: great web page I really enjoyed reading threw it. :cheers:
Old 01-27-2002, 09:41 PM
ScubaJKD
Burning Brakes

Bought mine from JCL forum member about 3 months ago. I did quiet alot of research at the time. I hated the sound of my reverse flow mufflers and felt like there had to be a better option. Several Forum Members have bought them and installed them with much praise. General consensus is they flow drastically better with a true scavaging effect, sound great and are exceptionally well made. I am about to start up my engine for the first time since complete car restoration so I dont have any performance opinions as of yet but if you would like to read more about them go to http://www.spiralturbobaffles.com JCL is a great guy and will be more than happy to talk to you about them and what you can expect.
Old 01-27-2002, 09:50 PM
ScubaJKD
Burning Brakes

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zero...=newtopic&id=3

If you need a set.

:cheers:
Old 01-27-2002, 11:30 PM
NEW77GUY
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Side pipe muflers (ScubaJKD)

Hey guys....i hate to bring the "want ad" section over here, but it seems as if there's much less traffic there. Does anyone have a set of Hooker sidepipes they'd like to sell? I have a '77 and can never seem to respond in time to the couple i've seen here being sold. I'm aware of the leagal implications and potential inspection woes....no problems. Thanks all.....
Old 01-28-2002, 09:45 AM
MassVette
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

has any one out there used the spiralturbobaffles for thier 4" Hooker side pipes. If so what did you think of them and how much were they.
I have herd that they sound & preform better
does anyone know if they resist rot better than reverse flow
There is NO comparison! They are the BEST- much less restriction, much more H.P., much better sound. I LOVE mine!
Old 01-28-2002, 10:50 AM
mountainmotor
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Side pipe muflers (MassVette)

I have used a simalar muffler for years more commonly referred to as "Auger style " stuck in the end of the collectors of Lake Racers.This style produces a sweet exhaust note.
A person should be able to tune the sound for personnal prefference by modding the sections that are not used to support the muffler internally.

Get notified of new replies

To Side pipe muflers

Quick Reply: Side pipe muflers