C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In need of a tranny shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 10:45 AM
xfactor974
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of a tranny shop

I just got done installing the 700 in my car and I took it out last night for a spin. The shifts are all wrong. Anybody know a good trans shop in NJ? Or if not does anyone know what the procedure is for adjusting this thing. It's totally different than my TH350 and I can't get away with just putting the kick down on the carb. :confused: You actually have to adjust this thing.
Old 01-27-2002, 11:23 AM
andre77
Instructor

Default Re: In need of a tranny shop (xfactor974)

I'm not sure where you are located in NJ, but "the car factory" in Garfield (North Jersey) is excellent. He rebuilt my th350 and has provided some great tech info also. I'm very happy with his work. I have to mention, the gauges on your vette look great. How hard were they too install? What was the complete cost? :D
Old 01-27-2002, 11:27 AM
Strike3
Burning Brakes

Default Re: In need of a tranny shop (xfactor974)

There have been a lot of articals writen about this set-up, and yes, the T.V. cable requires precise adjustment. I believe the most recent articles on this were in the Corvette Fever Mag. but I don't remember which month. I will go back through mine and try to find it. Perhaps in the mean time, someone else will fill in. I seem to remember someone posting an on-line path for the adjustment procedure back in the November / December time frame. You might try searching back for it.
Later!
Old 01-27-2002, 10:54 PM
xfactor974
Pro

Default Re: In need of a tranny shop (Strike3)

That's for the response guys. I got my gauges from Jegs, so all you have to do is add up all the gauges from the catalog. Then add aboud $20 for Lexan and you're all finished. I'm located in Hamilton. It's near Princeton. I don't think Garfield NJ is too close. I'm not too sure I can make the adjustments myself to this thing. Funny how I cut the driveshaft myself, my exhaust pipes, rewelded the crossmember after hacking with the sawzall, but I'm scared of adjusting it. :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To In need of a tranny shop

Quick Reply: In need of a tranny shop