C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ate a ricer today and an hour later I was hungry again?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 10:18 PM
Warp70
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ate a ricer today and an hour later I was hungry again?????

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I am not in the habit of racing every car on the road.....but when I am doing 15 MPH over the speed limit and a Honda Civic Type R crosses over 3 lanes of traffic to get around me....I admit I was a little miffed. I jumped on him quick and didn't let up until I felt I had proven my point. It wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done (I could have gotten a ticket or worse), but some times you just to stick up for Vette drivers everywhere. :mad
Old 01-26-2002, 10:29 PM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Re: Ate a ricer today and an hour later I was hungry again????? (Warp70)

I hear that, it seems like they try to pass you to prove a point or something. I would have probably done the same thing. :yesnod:
Old 01-26-2002, 10:41 PM
1Bad69
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ate a ricer today and an hour later I was hungry again????? (Warp70)

ya..i agree..although sometimes its nice to just chew a bit and then spit them out....
Old 01-26-2002, 11:13 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Ate a ricer today and an hour later I was hungry again????? (1bad69)

i usually ignore them, but if they start being real punk asses about it, ill letem have a :smash: :boxing and then they can just :cry :sad:
Old 01-27-2002, 02:59 AM
Bob Turner
Drifting

Good job!! You should have turned on your emergency flashers after you passed him!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob
Old 01-27-2002, 02:59 AM
Cajun99
Le Mans Master

I don't even waste my time on those guys anymore when I'm in my C5. I haven't had mine all that long but I flexed some muscle on a few different Ricers and Rustang Cobras just to see what it could do on the street when I got it home. Needless to say, they were in my rearview mirror pretty quick. :D

My C3 is all original and pristine and now I'm determined to keep it that way. The problem is that it just can't get out of it's own way. Unless I'm at speed on the interstate I won't tackle anything faster than a skateboard!!! :smash:
Old 01-27-2002, 10:50 AM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Re: Ate a ricer today and an hour later I was hungry again????? (Cajun75)

I get more flack from the Mustangs, than the Ricers. I think they have learned their lesson to many times now. The punk ash 4.6 with the flowmasters are a completely different story. At least the ricers run out of steam at 80 the mustangs want to race down the highway at over a 100. :crazy: :crazy: I guess thats way there are so many of them in the bone yards.
Budman
Old 01-27-2002, 12:09 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: Ate a ricer today and an hour later I was hungry again????? (Budman78)

Figures! He gets his headers on and 2 days later is out street racing!! :) :)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MJ
Old 01-27-2002, 01:18 PM
KorbenDallas
Melting Slicks

Had the same thing yesterday on the highway. Minding my own business and a ricer puches it from behind me and passes me. He had the dual motorcycle exhaust which is popular around here now and all the tacky ground effects. His two passengers were breaking their neck looking at me, like something grand had just happened. That kind of aggrivated me, so after a little push on the gas I got up to his speed (+10mph) while we were going on the on-ramp to another freeway. I rode his butt going around the corner, and I could tell he was struggling to hold the corner at speed. I was laughing my butt off and felt I proved my point in acceleration and handling. But none of that would have happened if he hadn't provoked me!

After that I was looking for more :reddevil

EDIT: I drive very granny-like and mind my own business most of the time. But when the time is right, sometimes you gotta show people who's boss!

[Modified by FroDaddy, 12:20 PM 1/27/2002]
Old 01-27-2002, 01:19 PM
Warp70
Racer

Default Re: Ate a ricer today and an hour later I was hungry again????? (MNJack)

Figures! He gets his headers on and 2 days later is out street racing!! :) :)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MJ
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO!!!!! :lol:
Old 01-27-2002, 01:55 PM
shawn_cake
Racer

Both my BBC and SBC vettes like to eat rice from time to time..
Especially the ricers with BIG exhaust tips and lots of decals..

:cheers: :seeya :cheers:
Old 01-27-2002, 03:16 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Mmm. I love these guys.
I drive local roads to go to school, and local roads means tons of stop lights. I entertain myself by getting on it slightly from light to light (shift at 3000 rpm, which isn't showing off too much with this LM-1 POS, but enough to make the local ricers irate). Anyhow, one day I'm at the light with a stickered out Integra(complete with bumblebee exhaust). I do my usual thing, and at the next light he shouts, "Dude, what the f*ck? I wasn't ready!"
Steve doesn't bother replying, slips the car into manual first, and quietly awaits the light. The 'vette shifts just short of the air conditioning belt's redline(4200 rpm) and is already 2-3 carlengths ahead of the poor little Integra, who made the effort to spin the tires at the light. Through second gear, up to 60 mph (ten over) Steve is about 5 lengths ahead and shuts down, patiently awaiting the ricer fly-by which just *barely* happens before they settle against each other at the light again. This time, the Integra is quiet and Steve returns to his normal driving behavior, a little more happy than normal on the way to school in the morning.
-Corvette Driver
Old 01-27-2002, 03:36 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: Ate a ricer today and an hour later I was hungry again????? (Pacin'California)

I've never raced anyone...I try to rev and they all get scared. :cry I have a big bark I guess(my exaust sounds like a drag-strip racer).

I have one ricer friend, but thats only because he understands how stupid the whole ricer thing is. He tricked out his car, with all the goodies(fart pipe, cut springs, intake, etc). But he put this big butt wing on the back, thats just funny looking. His back window says "got rice?" :lol: , and he put stickers all over it, different sizes, the small ones say "+12HP" and the big ones say "+45HP"....under the got rice decal he put "150HP total"... :lol: :lol:

He cool, and he is a ricer, but he mocs them as much as I do, he even went so far to moc them with his own car.

Oh and there for a while, he chromed out his wipers, and door handles with tin-foil...it fell off though..

Daniel
Old 01-27-2002, 04:12 PM
Golden80
Race Director

Default Re: Ate a ricer today and an hour later I was hungry again????? (daniel77350)

On a good day I'm lucky if I can beat a 1983 Toyota Corolla with a dead hole. I just stick to the right lane and never race so that I don't embarass myself. :( I take the Mustang out when I feel like eating rice. It's bored .030 over, has 3.55's in the back, a 4-speed, and has glasspacs that make it sound like thunder. :D

But I have a Vette. And in 4.5/5 years when I graduate I'll have a beast of a car!

Matt

[Modified by Golden80, 1:14 PM 1/27/2002]
Old 01-27-2002, 04:49 PM
Aaron76
Pro

If I raced every punk that thinks his 150HP or more will give me a run for my money I would not have a drivers licence by now. Some times it is better just letting them go with no knowlege of how stupid they realy are.
After all there is no replacement for displacement. cool: :cool: :reddevil
Old 01-27-2002, 11:53 PM
Nick89TA
Heel & Toe

Default Re: Ate a ricer today and an hour later I was hungry again????? (Aaron76)

Yesterday, it was insanely warm in Chicago, so I had the 'ol 77 L48 out for a spin with the t-tops off. I pulled up to a stoplight right next to a 96ish or so Mustang GT convert. There were 3 guys in the mustang who barely looked 16. I really had no intention to race off the light, but as the light changed, I heard a little tire screeching to my left, so I couldn't resist. I buried it and we raced to about 55, but I was only about half a car ahead. I bet I woulda been embarrased if that guy wasn't luggin around his two buddies. My engine has an old Martin single turbo kit on it, and that's about it in terms of speed mods. Oh well, time to make my car fast
Old 01-28-2002, 01:03 AM
Wrencher
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Must have been something in the water.... Guy in a Qualude , oops, Prelude Honda, comes screaming up next to me at the light, O.K.? All farty piped, stickered etc. he says, "Ya got any thing?". I'm on my way home with Pizza for the kids, so I say say "yea, dinner". Now, we're sitting at a light, at the bottom of a hill (overpass), a little 4 pot against a 427. I'm thinking just be normal, when the guy says " I beat these all the time" to his date/passenger! Red cape in front of the bull! :mad. I left easy (no wheel spin), but that was it. I left that poor poseur for dead. Felt great!

Hans

Get notified of new replies

To Ate a ricer today and an hour later I was hungry again?????

Old 01-28-2002, 01:13 AM
Stingy74
Safety Car

Default Re: Ate a ricer today and an hour later I was hungry again????? (Wrencher)

I got my very first speeding ticket due to an ignorent Lexus driver. She must have been a real estate agent or something, but I turned right onto the street and she did the exact same thing behind him but made the turn wide so she could get first dibs on the inside lane so she could pass me. She must have though that I was an old man that was going to be driving slow. I don't blame her, I was in my 79 Riviera. I just couldn't let the bich do that so I floored it and consistantly held my self about 2-3 car lengths ahead of her. Lo and behold, around the bend was a copper signaling me to pull over. Rats! I wonder if the bich heard her radar dectecter over her cell phone conversation and slowed down :rolleyes:
Old 01-28-2002, 07:54 AM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wait until We get the timing set and fine tune the carb! :seeya We'll do that Sarturday AM. there is a speed shop two blocks away on Curry Ford that will have anything we may need.
Old 01-28-2002, 08:22 AM
427V8
C6 the C5 of tomorrow
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Ate a ricer today and an hour later I was hungry again????? (silvervetteman)

The only people around here who even try to race are the ones with real cars, the ricers don't even want to get close to the Vette. I think it's like in the movie "Fast and Furious" 'It scares them'.

I have been at lights next to little ricers and have seen guys talking to their girls and pointing at my car, can't hear what they're saying tho over the side exhaust...As I leave I do usually hear a little tire chirp in the distance behind me.

Do you think they were trying to race me? If so I shoulda stepped on it...

Quick Reply: Ate a ricer today and an hour later I was hungry again?????