C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thermostat leaked so.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 11:09 PM
xfactor974
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thermostat leaked so.....

I threw the sucker away and got the swivel unit for billet specialities. The thing has an o-ring seal. I put it on with a little grease on the o-ring to help the seal and used no sealing compound or gasket and the thing doesn't leak a drop. I'm blown away after tried everything on my old one including sanding the bottom true again. I think the old one was cracked. Anyway, the new one looks a lot better. Oh by the way, i took my car for a ride around the block after the 700 was installed. I haven't figured out how to get one last bracket on the trans through. It's the bracket that locks the key into place when the trans is in reverse or drive. Oh well, just can't take the key out till I figure out how to fix it. :cheers:
Old 01-25-2002, 05:38 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Thermostat leaked so..... (xfactor974)

:cool:

I like that billet specialties water neck too. It swivels, its aluminum so it won't rust like the chrome ones and will never leak plus I think it looks better. Worth the price for me.
Old 01-25-2002, 06:33 AM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Thermostat leaked so..... (xfactor974)

I have an idea for the key... There is an arm on the steering column in front of the firewall where the column exits.. Just disconnect the rod and wire the lever up. (i think). :jester

Get notified of new replies

To Thermostat leaked so.....

Quick Reply: Thermostat leaked so.....