C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wife + corvette + rain = &%^$((&*^$#

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 08:22 PM
robert kirk
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wife + corvette + rain = &%^$((&*^$#

let me set this up for you. 7.30 in the morning, light rain, fog, daughter needs to get project to school. daughter wants to show up in vette wife wants to drive vette, dad says no, roads are slick real foggy take the truck (2001 3/4 ford psd not some pos) safer. i hear a united ok dad, dad leaves for work all is well. flash forward now 8:45 phone rings, baby how much do you love me? she asked, well i figure she went to wal-mart spent to much money was i wrong. turns out they were trying to decide what cd to put in to sound "cool" when they pull up to her friends, at 14 image is everything, and rear ended a 1 ton truck. you don't have to wonder real hard who one that one. nobody hurt which i am grateful for, but the vette is crap. windshield broke front end is fubar past the front wheels. not only is the vette splintered but the wreck is her falt. i just got a letter from my insurance co tuesday telling me my rates are going up 22% because in the last year she has had 4 speeding tickets, and has hit a chain link fence, and 3 deer . before that not a ticket or so much as a fender bender ina parking lot. i love my wife but ddddddaaaaaammmmmnnnnn.just need to vent everyone here is a corvette lover so i thought you might understand. i feel better now thanks, robert
Old 01-24-2002, 08:30 PM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Re: wife + corvette + rain = &%^$((&*^$# (robert kirk)

Robert:
:( I feel for you man. How is the front suspension/frame looking? The insurance company is covering it right? I hope everything turns out OK.

Is it just me, or are a lot of people damaging their 'Vettes over the past couple of months?
Old 01-24-2002, 08:31 PM
79MakoL82
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel for ya man. I used to tell my wife NOT to go home for lunch. It doubled the mileage on the car, and doubled the chance of having an accident. One week after I reminded her of that, she went home for lunch and totalled a 4 month old car. :mad The positive thing was she was OK and we replaced the car. The negative was having to pay OUTRAGEOUS insurance for the next couple of years. The other positive is, she NEVER goes home for lunch now. Lesson learned. Also, we now pay VERY reasonable rates. This too shall pass.
Old 01-24-2002, 08:37 PM
Sean Willard
Instructor

Ouch! I'm really sorry to hear that. Which Vette was she driving? Please tell me it wasn't your 71 BB. Look on the bright side (as hard as it might be) your family is safe :D
Hopefully it's not to bad to fix. Do you have any pics yet to post? Good Luck. :cheers:
Old 01-24-2002, 08:38 PM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to hear about that. Good thing is everyone is OK. You can get the vette fixed, (although it sucks to have to do that) and you'll be back on the road again.

I guess my wife won't even drive the vette unless I'm in there with her. I think she knows how much time I've spent on that car, and what it means to me, so she doesn't want to chance hurting it. I'm kind of lucky that way. If she did drive it without me the stress would probably give me a nervous breakdown. :crazy: :yesnod:
Old 01-24-2002, 08:43 PM
Bob Turner
Drifting

Robert,

I am very sorry to hear this. I guess she went on and drove the car WITHOUT your permission. I would be furious as well- especially with her driving record. I am glad that her and your daughter are OK. BUT, I would not be so forgiving about it. Make sure she knows that this is a BIG violation of trust and that she won't be driving your next Corvette.....

Bob :mad :mad
Old 01-24-2002, 09:00 PM
tsw71
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's bs when the person you trust most does something like that.
Start making up your list of demands now. It's time to take advantage of the situation :reddevil

#1 No limit to how much you can spend on any future vettes from now on.

#2 Favorite meals whenever you want them for the next six months.

#3 :smash: :smash: :smash: every night for the next five years regardless of headaches. ;) ;) ;)

#4 Her next daily driver will be a beat to hell 63 Valiant with the slant six and 3 on the tree and yours will be a new Z06.

And for the record, this was not meant to be funny.
Old 01-24-2002, 09:09 PM
ddn
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: wife + corvette + rain = &%^$((&*^$# (tsw71)

No offense buddy, but I'm pretty sure I'd never let her drive again.

My girlfriend is seriously a horsepoopie driver, she totalled her parents car the first week she got her license, they were out of town to top it all off. Then she smashed up her own car I think twice. Monday she drove OVER a parking curb (yes the big cement ones). She drives a Corolla. I dont think I could even drive over one of those if I tried.

If it were my car, I wouldnt let her drive it. Needless to say, she isn't driving the Corvette. Not that anyone is, but she's a special exception. No way.
Old 01-24-2002, 09:17 PM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Re: wife + corvette + rain = &%^$((&*^$# (ddn)

Good news, no injury, bad news, wife lied to you, let us know what vette, hope it was 92 and not 71. Keep keys with you at all times, buy here a junker to drive. She owes you big time for sure. :yesnod: :yesnod:
Old 01-24-2002, 09:30 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: wife + corvette + rain = &%^$((&*^$# (LT1driver)

Lets get the obligatory :bs out of the way first: I am so glad noone is hurt. Vettes can be fixed! smilie smilie smilie.... yeah right!

Seriously, that is bad, very bad. After they agree to NOT take the vette, they take it? And it wasn't, "Dont take the vette you dont need to look cool", it was "Dont take the vette, driving conditions are unsafe", and it wasnt, "This guy cut in front of me and I couldnt stop", it was "We were looking for a CD and next thing i knew we were under a truck"

That is simply horrible! Kid accross the street did more or less the same thing: He was messing with CDs and ran his car (89 cad) into a telephone pole. That is a ROOKIE mistake!

I would never let her go near the vette again, and with that driving record, not sure if I would let her drive anything. Just my opinion.

so, which vette was it? MJ
Old 01-24-2002, 09:33 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: wife + corvette + rain = &%^$((&*^$# (MNJack)

And one more bit of B.S. thank GOD it was a 1 ton truck and not a kid walking to school! Who was driving??????? MJ
Old 01-24-2002, 09:42 PM
Frankenvette
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm making my wife read this post just incase she gets any ideas about sneaking the vette out. She drives a 4,300 lb Volvo. Glad everyone is o.k.

Regards,

Jim
Old 01-24-2002, 09:58 PM
SteveG75
Le Mans Master

Received 521 Likes on 351 Posts

Lets get the obligatory :bs out of the way first: I am so glad noone is hurt. Vettes can be fixed! smilie smilie smilie.... yeah right!

Seriously, that is bad, very bad. After they agree to NOT take the vette, they take it? And it wasn't, "Dont take the vette you dont need to look cool", it was "Dont take the vette, driving conditions are unsafe", and it wasnt, "This guy cut in front of me and I couldnt stop", it was "We were looking for a CD and next thing i knew we were under a truck"

That is simply horrible! Kid accross the street did more or less the same thing: He was messing with CDs and ran his car (89 cad) into a telephone pole. That is a ROOKIE mistake!

I would never let her go near the vette again, and with that driving record, not sure if I would let her drive anything. Just my opinion.

so, which vette was it? MJ
Sorry to say but their actions show a complete lack of respect. Any aspect of trust has been completely destroyed. Since they were looking for a CD, I am hoping it was the '92 but that said, both Vette's should be off-limits to them for a long, long, long time. :nono:
Old 01-24-2002, 10:24 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: wife + corvette + rain = &%^$((&*^$# (SteveG75)

oh man thats sucks big time....wife took mine last week for the first time without me knowing it and when i found out i could only imagined what could of happened....i feel for ya. :(
Old 01-24-2002, 10:35 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

I -never- let anyone drive my 'vette, unless they own a 'vette of their own. My car may not be a horsepower fiend or a curve hugger, but the fact that it's a 'vette alone makes it dangerous enough, especially when people get delusions of how they can drive it. *sigh*
I really feel for ya, man. I really, really, do...
-Steve(Whose Grandma said he'd be crying when he had his first accident. It's been 2 1/2 years now...)
Old 01-24-2002, 10:42 PM
Vader953
Instructor

I would absolutely be soooooooooooo pissed off. DUde, you are waayyyy to leaneant on the women. My fiancee knows better than to do something like that. Apparently they don't appreciate your car, because they would have payed more attention on the road. The FEW times I've let my fiancee drive it, she knows it's my "other" baby and she is respectful of the car and drives it very carefully.

SOunds like you wife is running over you, no offense.

Anyone else like me????
Old 01-24-2002, 10:47 PM
ddecart
Team Owner

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
SPARTAN
CI 3-4-5-6-8-9-10 Vet
CI-9 AutoX Winner
CI-3 Go Kart Champ
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default Re: wife + corvette + rain = &%^$((&*^$#

Robert:
Is it just me, or are a lot of people damaging their 'Vettes over the past couple of months?
No kidding! Ouch! That really hurts! Makes me glad that my car is safely tucked away in the garage.

Get notified of new replies

To wife + corvette + rain = &%^$((&*^$#

Old 01-24-2002, 11:06 PM
Pedro'74
Melting Slicks

Sorry to hear that... :sad:

Man, I'd be really :mad :mad :mad

And one more bit of B.S. thank GOD it was a 1 ton truck and not a kid walking to school! Who was driving??????? MJ
Mark said it all: her negligence could have killed someone... Glad that no one got hurt....

-Pedro

[Modified by Pedro'74, 10:06 PM 1/24/2002]
Old 01-24-2002, 11:14 PM
xfactor974
Pro

Default Re: wife + corvette + rain = &%^$((&*^$# (Pedro'74)

dude that sux. I would tell her to hit the road...in something other than the vette. kidden. But seriously, i looked at your specs you have there after reading your story and your vette sounds awesome. That's a real shame.
Old 01-24-2002, 11:27 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Robert,
Man I feel for you. I wish I knew what to say to you. The only advice I have is you need to get control over your women. I'm afraid I wouldn't have had the self control you had, I would have probably worn out both my knee-caps kicking her butt (metaphorically speaking.)
If you get your car fixed, or get another one, I'd NEVER let her have access to the keys. In fact I'd probably take the coil wire with me when I left the house. With her driving record and lack of respect for your requests and property she'd have to prove in a big way that she was trustworthy.

Quick Reply: wife + corvette + rain = &%^$((&*^$#