C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOW Tru flex

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 10:43 AM
emsrescu
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WOW Tru flex

Ordered a tru flex front bumper from Corvette world on Saturday and got it Wednesday. This thing is smooth as a babys butt and only cost $269 + s&h. :smash:
Old 01-24-2002, 12:37 PM
73 Teach's Pet
Instructor

Default Re: WOW Tru flex (emsrescu)

Yeah, but hows the fit on your car? The fit on my car sucks big time and I will have to spend probably 8-12 hours to get it fit right and blend in with the existing body lines. Don't get too excited until the job is done. I hope you have a product and better luck than I got with my Tru-CRAP bumper.
Be Cool!
"TEACH"
Old 01-24-2002, 02:03 PM
emsrescu
Melting Slicks

Default Re: WOW Tru flex (73 Teach's Pet)

I just set it on lastnight but, it was close i will have to do some mods to the front rubber bumpers on the car to make it fit perfect. But its like buying a bra for the wife it's not going to fit perfect till we get it adjusted. :D
Old 01-25-2002, 11:20 AM
emsrescu
Melting Slicks

1/2 hour and she fits like a glove. Too bad i can't post the picture. I have no clue on doing that.
Old 01-25-2002, 12:03 PM
ZD75blue
Race Director

about the pic...

Take the picture, upload it to the net... then click the image button this one

and it will give you the image tags... copy the link and paste it inbetween the tags... there you go

i'm thinking about on for the front bumper on the 75... its pretty cracked up :U
Old 01-25-2002, 12:42 PM
73 Teach's Pet
Instructor

Default Re: WOW Tru flex (ZD75blue)

Glad to hear that you are one of the "lucky ones" who had better fit and results with their Tru-flex bumper than I had. I have read where the early C3's had poor quality control assurances to better keep the tolerance of the vehicles panel fitment. I wonder if there is a trend for the later C3's to have better fit success, due to better quality control measures, and us early C3 guys have a greater chance for poor fit due to sloppy workmanship that has been advertised to have occurred in the late 60's to early 70's. I would like to think that Tru-flex bumpers aren't as crummy as my personal experience has been. Which is why I am looking to find a conclusion to excuse the negative results I have encountered with that product.
Kudos to you
Be cool!
"TEACH"
Old 01-25-2002, 04:39 PM
VTHokie77Vette
Racer

I'm getting a new bumper this summer. Mine is in bad shape. My uncle owned the car before me and I found out recently that he had replaced the original bumper already when his wife hit a dear. He said that was the only thing that needed to be fixed. The none that is on there hasn't lasted long at all. A small crack started on the driver side a couple years ago, then it all just fell apart. I have krazy glue holding it together right now. I was thinking of getting the tru flex because I don't want fiberglass incase I tap something, and I didn't like how the urethane held up.
Old 01-25-2002, 06:05 PM
bl75vette
Instructor

Default Re: WOW Tru flex (VTHokie77Vette)

Just recently replaced front and rear on my 75 with Tru-flex. To be quite honest the rear fit rather well all around the top and half-way down the sides, (used little c-lamps to hold in place as I traced the holes through) while the front was in need of much tweaking. Anyway to make a long story short I left the final fit for the body shop as they are in the process of painting the entire car. I would like to know how well the urethane replacements fit before anyone knocks tru-flex. :)

Get notified of new replies

To WOW Tru flex

Quick Reply: WOW Tru flex