C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sadness...time to sell...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 10:31 AM
78paceme
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sadness...time to sell...

The time has come, a house and car for the soon to be wife will be taking it's place...as sad as it is, it is true. I do have plans of getting another one down the road, but who know's how far down that'll be...if anyone knows of someone looking for a mostly original 78 pace car it would be appreciated if they were sent my way...they can reach me at mark@tradingtech.com to take a look at her visit http://www.corvetteforum.net/c5/78paceme/ I don't know why they put me in the C5 area and not the C3 but it works...here's the info on her:

As most of you probably know it’s one of 6,502 made; and it’s the real deal, not a base made into one, like I’ve seen so many of lately.

1978 Chevrolet Corvette Pace Car
L-48 (original engine, numbers match), auto; 46,128 miles; power locks, tilt-telescopic steering column, cruise control, power windows, original silver leather interior, owner's manual, paint, 8-track radio, mirrored blue T-Tops (cracked, like most; has an astro top on it now), original suspension (except half-shaft U-Joints, these were replaced fall of 2000) even has the original french hooks, and spare tire. Can trace origin of car back to original owner and most other owners.

Spare aluminum rim, driver side mirror with remote, GM remanufactured tach, GM remanufactured A/C compressor in box, GM remanufactured sun visors, half-shaft U-Joints & drive-shaft U-Joints, brake pads and calipers, and a new battery. Edlebrock intake manifold, with complete HEI ignition system, true dual exhaust (she makes a great rumble), and K&N air filter. Always garaged, and only driven on cool summer evenings, this car has been babied. Asking price is $18,500 or best offer.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:34 AM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Re: sadness...time to sell... (78paceme)

Sorry to hear about that, but some things just take priority over others. Good luck, I hope it goes to a nice Corvette enthusiast.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:38 AM
RayCE
Melting Slicks

Received 98 Likes on 54 Posts

Noooooooooooo !!!!!!!!1 :seeya :cheers: :cool:
Old 01-24-2002, 10:43 AM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Don't do it!!!! You will regret it for life.

Vettes are like children....and it is illegal to sell children.

Make room for it in your new life and family.

tom...
Old 01-24-2002, 11:53 AM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AWWW Man... Do Ya Have To?? I mean realy have to?? Have you exhausted all options? Tried everything to keep her? :nonod: Don't sell :nono:
Old 01-24-2002, 11:54 AM
theanswriz42
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08, '15

I'll offer you 10 bucks :jester If i had more money, I'd buy that car in a heartbeat

:cheers:
Old 01-24-2002, 11:55 AM
ylose
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: sadness...time to sell... (Silvr77)

that sucks....I feel your pain...I sold my prior toy.....5 months later I couldnt stand it..and bought my current one.....I almost starved myself in the process...if anything....just remember....save save save...and you can buy another one !! :cheers:
Old 01-24-2002, 03:57 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: sadness...time to sell... (ylose)

Keep your price where it is and she will be with you for a while. Don't let it go for less. As far as WHOEVER is concerned you are TRYING to sell it.
Old 01-24-2002, 04:14 PM
vert2go89
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In I Veteran

Warning ! Remove your boots because you will be kicking yourself in the butt for the next twenty years or however long it takes to get another one.I sold my sixty vette in 74 and it is far from my funds to replace that one now.
ps I am originally from viking town,"the town that sucks",thanks to Hoover.grad 1969.That is one cherry 78.I can see the tears now.Hold to your price as cherry as that one is.Aren't you the one that just bought that car a month or so ago?
Old 01-24-2002, 04:24 PM
78paceme
Advanced

Default Re: sadness...time to sell... (all smiles 81)

Actually, I bought it the fall of 2000...it was a fun ride...but the $$ is needed...the good thing is the wife to be loves corvette's and would love for us to be able to keep it, but it's either live in an apartment or buy a house and I don't do apartments...so she's wanting to get one down the road too...
Old 01-24-2002, 07:40 PM
SevenT1Shark
Instructor

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Get notified of new replies

To sadness...time to sell...

Quick Reply: sadness...time to sell...