C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone heard of a B&M mini-blower?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2002, 05:10 PM
KorbenDallas
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone heard of a B&M mini-blower?

Someone at work told me about this. I can't find anything on the internet with conventional search engines. Can anyone help? How about a B&M Part #? Thanks!
Old 01-23-2002, 05:15 PM
ylose
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Anyone heard of a B&M mini-blower? (FroDaddy)

I heard of a B&M Mega Blower.... try that.

which is actually made by Holley since they bought out B&M !
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...br=76&lastcat=
, http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/AV/SC/SC.html
....BTW...holley really messed up their web page....it sucks..bad html programming on their part....

[Modified by ylose, 3:18 PM 1/23/2002]
Old 01-23-2002, 05:41 PM
KorbenDallas
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Anyone heard of a B&M mini-blower? (ylose)

Thanks for the link! I'm really lost when it comes to this subject. This is a mod that I would like to do in the future (1/2 yr, 1yr), but I'm not sure which supercharger to look at. I want it to fit under the stock small block hood, but if it just is not possible at all then I'll regretfully consider a BB/high rise hood.

I am looking for predictable, reliable power which is why I want to get a supercharger; and turbo's are too far out of reach of my budget. How much power can I expect from a supercharger that will fit under my small block hood? I'm making about 450hp on the motor right now (see sig) and would like to be around 550 or more (650 would be VERY nice :reddevil )after the supercharger.

Would the Holley 144 Powercharger be something I should consider? How about the Paxton Novi 1000? I know the Paxton Novi 2000 is one awesome unit, but I'm not sure if I can afford it. (~$4,000) How about a Weiand charger? What can I expect out of these superchargers?

My car has been built up to stand some power, but since I'm about to replace the tranny (for an OD) would a T56 (my preference) be able to handle a supercharger? I've got a 750 double pumper right now, so I should be okay with the fuel issue. Anything else I should consider?

[Modified by FroDaddy, 4:42 PM 1/23/2002]
Old 01-24-2002, 09:34 AM
DeenHylton
Racer

The B&M or Weiand will not fit under the hood...even without an aircleaner on your Holley float bowl adjusting screws will be sticking out of the stock hood by about an inch. I have a 4" K&N oval air filter on mine and it sticks out 5" above the hood at the front of the air filter. For street use you could run the same style of air cleaner with a 2 inch filter in it and then you'd only have 3 inches to cover with a different style hood.
With a 383 the little 144 superchargers will be too small, you'll need to run a Weiand 177 at the least and then you'll probably only see 8-9 lbs. boost maximum...but that's more than you'll need for street use. With a Weiand 177 supercharger, blower cam, blower pistons, good flowing heads, and blower modified carb you should easily be making around 535- 550 HP...infact you'll have to run slicks to ever get the full power to the ground.
Old 01-24-2002, 09:49 AM
KorbenDallas
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Anyone heard of a B&M mini-blower? (DeenHylton)

Thank you for your help! I finally came across a site that explains everything in simple terms. I understand everything ALOT more and am more confident about making a decision. I'm looking for 10lb of boost on my 10:1 motor, which in a similar setup yeilded about 650-675hp on the motor. This would be about the max effective compression (the compresssion that your motor will see at max boost and equating in the static compression of your motor) that someone should do on the street, which is about 18:1. IMO, that's the sweet spot for streetabilty and high performance.

This is going to take a while for me to get the funds to do a mod like this, but the more research you do the better off you are right? Thanks for your help! You might want to check out this other thread I created which has more on the subject: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=224833

Thanks again! I really love the forum and appreciate all the help from the great people that visit here! :seeya
Old 01-24-2002, 10:05 AM
ZD75blue
Race Director

Check out summit racings cataloug... they are real split up but they have a few different brands in there...

I would go with the weiland 144... still would need a high rise hood but would be closer to fitting than anything else i would think...

That is about the extent of my knowledge on blowers... also check whipple.com Merlins car's gonna run these... (can you say runs them before its been started? :jester )
Old 01-24-2002, 11:11 AM
ram82fire
Burning Brakes

There is one for sale on e/bay posted new today under air/fuel
Old 01-24-2002, 11:27 AM
BeaterShark
Drifting

Default Re: Anyone heard of a B&M mini-blower? (ram82fire)

You could also get a centrifigual blower (ATI, Paxon, etc) and keep your stock hood for a real sleeper look. I would also strongly suggest that you drop that compression ratio, 10:1 is deadly for a blown car, especially without fuel injection. I think 8.5:1 is the popular choice.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone heard of a B&M mini-blower?

Quick Reply: Anyone heard of a B&M mini-blower?