C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sidemount headers for raised port BB - need recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2002, 02:19 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sidemount headers for raised port BB - need recommendation

Big block with Brodix heads. Standard headers no longer fit, ports are higher and primarys interfere with spark plugs. I know Stahl has a drag race header with collectors at 90 degrees to the motor, about under the frame rail, but I am concerned about ground clearance. Does anybody have experience with something that fits?
Old 01-23-2002, 08:46 AM
JCL
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Sidemount headers for raised port BB - need recommendation (68427)

68427. Page MassVette, 69TTop502, Gdaina. I'm sure they can point you in the right direction. JCL :cool: :cool: :chevy
Old 01-23-2002, 09:36 AM
Flareside
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Sidemount headers for raised port BB - need recommendation (68427)

Well, I've been trying to figure this out for months, and it looks like there is no easy answer. At the moment, I'm planning to either buy off-the-shelf headers and modify them myself (if I stick with undercar exhaust), or go with the megabuck Stahl's for high ports (this is a $2000 solution by the time you're done!) Like you, I don't like the idea of a 3" pipe right under the frame rail. Have you seen Rolling Thunder's post about his Stahls? There's a post of his in the archive with pictures of the Stahls installed. He's given me a ton of advice about them. Great guy!

-Joe

Get notified of new replies

To Sidemount headers for raised port BB - need recommendation

Quick Reply: Sidemount headers for raised port BB - need recommendation