C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Ohio State Title Search Feature at Ohio BMV...

Old 01-23-2002, 01:00 AM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Default New Ohio State Title Search Feature at Ohio BMV...

Ohio has this new title search feature at their State of Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles site. It only goes back to March of 1993, and since I've owned my '68, '74 & '75 Corvettes a few years before then, it did'nt help me any there. I did put in my 1980's VIN and it just said it was owned by a "private individual" before me. Ohio State cannot give me any name info due to a privacy act, which I understand. Supposedly, the point of this "new" VIN inquiry is for where people can check to see if their car's title has been a "salvage", "auction", "rebuilt", etc title. I did find out one thing about my 1980 through it though, and that was on June 10, 1994 when a title was "reissued" it had 68,000 miles on it then. I bought it in May of '97(3 yrs later)with 81,421mi so that would jive. Since this started in March of '93(counties being computer automated), if anyone checks their car and have owned it before then, it won't show much.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Ohio State Title Search Feature at Ohio BMV...