C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 05:13 PM
Skruball73
Burning Brakes

Location: Inside every color vette there is a blue one trying to come out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Head Lights

Is there any way to have the head lights go up and down without the engine running? I had a very slight collision with a fortified metal barrier pole as I pulled and turned out of a parking spot. the end result was a little paint damage, small fiberglass "notch" and the right headlight is mechanicly sticking somewhere so that it will not come all the way up...I can press down on the fender right beside the headlight and it will come up...it goes down with no problems. :confused:
Old 01-21-2002, 05:32 PM
VolVette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Head Lights (Skruball73)

Yes, most of us have had non-functioning headlights at some point and have had to manually open and close the headlights.

I find the easiest way to open your headlight is to put your hand under the bottom of your Vette and slip it up through a metal window (about 8" long by 5" wide) until you feel the springs, etc. that control the facilitate the opening. Ensure that nothing is obstructing the opening such as detached springs, lose vacuum hose, etc. and push up from the bottom until the headlight locks in place.

SES
Old 01-21-2002, 08:40 PM
Sean Willard
Instructor

Default Re: Head Lights (VolVette)

What can you do to one that doesn't want to go back down? Does the outside air temperature have any affect on the performance of the headlights? I've noticed mine are slower when it's cold out ( less than 40)
:cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Head Lights

Quick Reply: Head Lights