C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the Radiator Core?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 10:31 AM
TedH
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Default What is the Radiator Core?

I think I measured wrong for the radiator support seal kit and upper/lower cushions for my replaced 1980 Corvette radiator support. Am suspecting this since I measured the width of the end-tanks of the radiator in my car. The tank(s) measure approx. 2 and 1/2" to 2 and 5/8" (front to back) so I guessed that meant I needed the 2 and 5/8" cushions and matching seal kit. All I can say is that I am going to make Dr Rebuilt very unhappy if I have to return that seal kit (I bought the cushions from a company that I will not name with the new radiator support (I'm not going to mention that to him since he doesn't like them very much).

Am I in trouble? Haven't gotten the seal kit yet. Due in a couple of days...

[Modified by TedH, 9:32 AM 1/21/2002]
Old 01-21-2002, 10:47 AM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Default Re: What is the Radiator Core? (TedH)

The core is typically the ""finned" part of the radiator. If you gave him the total measurement, and you told him that it included the tanks, then he should be able to send the correct seals. Call back and give him the other measurements.....

[Modified by KenSny, 9:47 AM 1/21/2002]
Old 01-21-2002, 01:59 PM
TedH
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Default Re: What is the Radiator Core? (KenSny)

I didn't know this but the good 'Dr' has retired and has left a very capable person in his place on the phones. The order had not yet shipped so no extra charge to swap out the 2 5/8" core support seals for the 2" core support seals. Also ordered a pair of the 2" core upper radiator support cushions (I'll have to reuse my lower cushions since they are in limited supply and cost $10 each).

Thanks for your timely reply and advice. You helped me avoid the Dr's wrath and now I'll get the right parts; allowing me to get the C3 back on the street this weekend! Can't say enough about the value of this forum.

[Modified by TedH, 1:19 PM 1/21/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To What is the Radiator Core?

Quick Reply: What is the Radiator Core?