C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going on Vacation, Kick Back and Let my Hands Heal

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 09:21 AM
73-454
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going on Vacation, Kick Back and Let my Hands Heal

I am going on a 2 week vacation at nice warm location, this will give my hands a chance to heal from all the scrapes and cuts from maintaining the Vette. At this point I have a love hate relationship, I can’t wait till Spring or as soon as the salt is washed off the Toronto streets. I would also like to thank-you all for your suggestions and recommendations on the following work completed

1- Repair emergency Brakes, That was real fun took me 2-days just to remove the calibers
2- Removed Rad, Rad support, and fan shroud, Purge Rad, and painted Rad and Rad support
3- Install Flex a Lite Fans
4- Replaced all Rad and Heater Hoses “ That was real Fun”
5- Detail and paint the engine and engine bay “Wish outside of vette looked as good as the engine”
6- Replace Alternator, Power Booster and Master cylinder
7- Bleed the Brakes
8- Install New Tires
9- Install small tach, 2-5/8 inch “have HEI no tach drive”
10- Installed 3 gauges under L88 Hood scoop just behind the windshield, I can see the gauges perfectly from inside the Vette. Look good and professional
11- Removed Seats painted and lube tracks, and installed seat covers to protect the original seats
12- Installed Bosh Spark Plugs
13- Detailed interior
14- Installed new Speedo cable
15- Installed Heater/air condition control in the main console
16- Replaced most of the light bulbs including head lights
17- Repaired windshield washer
18- Fixed various cracks in fiber glass

Quick Reply: Going on Vacation, Kick Back and Let my Hands Heal