C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Adjustment??#^()*&^!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 11:04 AM
Vettesic
Drifting

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Window Adjustment??#^()*&^!!

As usual when confronted with Corvette problems, I turn to CF members for advice!! Removed the doors from shark for paint. Now windows when all the way up don't meet their weatherstripping groove. (Where top of window should rest when all the way up.) They are on the outside of stripping. I've tried the adjustment screws inside the door, however I can't get the window to come in and meet it's position. Any help would help!! Thanks in advance. L8TER, Paul.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:53 AM
Golden80
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Window Adjustment??#^()*&^!! (Vettesic)

It's usually the door being out of adjustment when you've done everything you can on those screws in the door. Check the bushings on the door hinges. I'd replace them if I removed the doors and am probably going to within the next few months when I can get around to it.

Matt
Old 01-20-2002, 12:24 PM
Vettesic
Drifting

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Re: Window Adjustment??#^()*&^!! (Golden80)

Matt, those busghing replacements are no easy task. I'll check it.....I also noticed that there are shims on the other side of the door's hinges. (Front fender side.) Which were not unbolted. Could that be a solution??

[Modified by Vettesic, 10:26 AM 1/20/2002]

[Modified by Vettesic, 10:26 AM 1/20/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To Window Adjustment??#^()*&^!!

Quick Reply: Window Adjustment??#^()*&^!!