C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sanderson headers for big block

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 08:34 AM
467-Ratman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sanderson headers for big block

Have checked out the sanderson web site for headers and they look really good, BB5 ,not a bad price either, $435 for the pair coated. Made from 16 gauge tubing. Was thinking about the Hooker Super comps but the guy at Sanderson said they have a superior product and they are made in the USA. Anbody have any ideas here?
Old 01-20-2002, 09:40 AM
MassVette
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Sanderson headers for big block (LT1-Tom)

Are the Sandersons equal length with collectors, or "block-huggers"?
The equal length /collector type header will give you a lot more HP. Might as well use stock BB manifolds as well as block-huggers, IMHO.
Hookers are good- Iv'e got them on the ZZ/502; their coating ISN'T good, however. It started lifting in a matter of weeks! Jet Hot will get headers for you and coat them properly, inside and out.
:yesnod: :chevy :chevy :yesnod:
Old 01-20-2002, 10:45 AM
467-Ratman
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Sanderson headers for big block (MassVette)

MassVette, They are equal length with 3" collectors, 1 7/8 tubes. There web site is http://www.sandersonheaders.com . I have the same valve covers that you have, but I only have one carb!! Your setup is AWESOME!
Old 01-20-2002, 01:27 PM
MassVette
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Sanderson headers for big block (LT1-Tom)

MassVette, They are equal length with 3" collectors, 1 7/8 tubes. There web site is http://www.sandersonheaders.com . I have the same valve covers that you have, but I only have one carb!! Your setup is AWESOME!
Thanks!
My primaries are 2 1/8, with 4" collectors and JCL spiral baffles in 4" sidepipes.
Sanderson is supposed to be very good quality, from what I've heard.
I think Jet Hot will sell you a set of under chassis Hookers too. I don't know the $$$, though. MNJack has the setup, and seems happy with it.
:yesnod: :chevy :chevy :yesnod:
Old 01-21-2002, 12:48 PM
Instructor

Default Re: Sanderson headers for big block (MassVette)

I have a set of Sanderson BB5 coated headers, I picked them up at the factory in South San Francisco. They are block hugger shortys. Flanges are nice and thick but the welds are a little sloppy. Primaries are 1 7/8". They fit pretty well with only minor clearencing at the steering box and pitman arm bolt (actually, the pitman arm bolt self clearenced the header). Excellent ground clearance with this design! They have worked well for me for years but I have discovered that these headers will absolutely not fit raised port heads.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:10 PM
467-Ratman
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Sanderson headers for big block (68427)

Do you think the headers will fit my merlin iron heads? Are they considered a raised port design.

Get notified of new replies

To Sanderson headers for big block

Quick Reply: Sanderson headers for big block