C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

79' Front end rebuild

Old 01-19-2002, 03:43 PM
DavidOrr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 79' Front end rebuild

Okay, so I finally started it. Drivers side is completely apart no problems. Passenger side on the other hand is giving me a little grief, not much just have to go buy a new tool :D . Can't get the shock out - bad threads on the top mount, once I get an air chisel she'll come right out.

Ordered all the new parts, deluxe suspension kit - rubber, Upper control arm studs, and rebuild kit for the power steering valve - all from Zip. 460# GT Springs from VetteBrakes. New Powersteering retract and extract hoses and KYB GR2 shocks from Advanced Auto.

All parts should be in next week, except the power steering rebuild kit which Zip has backordered - hopefully 2 or 3 weeks.

I've captured almost 30 pics of everything coming out - details on each step. There's good instructions out there, however once I'm done I'll provide another set of instructions completely overkilled with pictures of everything.

Somebody wave for me - at least for the next few week while she's on jackstands. Later - David

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 79' Front end rebuild