C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Paint Care?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 01:23 AM
flynhi
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default New Paint Care?

The 71 is finally coming out of the paint shop looking pretty good. I need some advice on care of a new paint job. How long should it cure before waxing? Best wax product/sequence for new paint, etc.
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks,Will
Old 01-18-2002, 04:59 AM
VETDRMS
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: New Paint Care? (flynhi)

I just had mine come out of the paint shop, you need at LEAST 90 days before you can wax it, and at least 30 days before you can wash it. My paint is about a month old, and i had the car down at the electrical shop to have the wiring harness rebuilt, and by not dusting off the car and laying his fender protector over the paint, he scratched it up really bad, and its currently back in the body shop to be rebuffed, i wasn't too happy at that. But for the first 3 months the paint is pretty vulnerable, it will scratch easier, and a wax job anytime before that can mess it up pretty bad. Just sit back and let it cure, i can't wax mine till March, but its winter here, so no biggie :) I hope that helps somewhat, oh, and for dust, blow it off with an air gun, or water, don't wipe it, especially on fresh clearcoat. Good Luck :D

Old 01-18-2002, 08:27 AM
78pace
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: New Paint Care? (flynhi)

http://www.3m.com/market/automotive/faq.html
More Results From: http://www.3m.com

check out this web page looked interesting

Get notified of new replies

To New Paint Care?

Quick Reply: New Paint Care?