C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has used (using) Techlines black Satin

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 07:40 PM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Who has used (using) Techlines black Satin

I'm looking to install a set of really old headers that I have alying in my garage. they are whole and in good shape, just ugly. I DO NOT wish to Jet hot coat them because a $250 coating on $15 headers is just pearls before swine.

I read somewhere else - couldnt find it that someone on the forum has used or is using techline coatings "Black Satin" coating. This is a ceramic based coating that can be applied by the home user.

Since I would like to reduce underhood temps - I can either wrap my headers which I've had good luck in the past doing or I can go with a coating. Frankly, I like the tough - racer look - of the wrap but would like to try something new.

What is the durability of the techline stuff?
does it burn off like typical header paint?
any info would be excellent
Old 01-17-2002, 10:24 PM
Carl in LA
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Re: Who has used (using) Techlines black Satin (fauxrs)

Can't tell you about durability because I've only had it on the ramhorns and y-pipe one week!!! Brand new 383 rebuild. The finish is flat black after it heats for the fist time. I works as advertised...

You have to spray it on sandblasted surfaces... Mine worked very well... I didn't stop at the exhaust pipe... I painted the underside of the tranny tunnel, the outside of the floor pan, the catilyic converter heat shield, and the side of the A/C box that faces the engine.

Dont buy too much, I bought the quart and have 90% left over.

Quick Reply: Who has used (using) Techlines black Satin