C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much less for NOM?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 07:35 PM
JB
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default How much less for NOM?

Been looking at big block convertibles. Got my eye on two, a '69 427/390hp and a '72 454. How much lower would you make your offer on one of these if the engine wasn't numbers matching? I was thinking maybe 20% lower than a matching numbers car in the same condition, does that sound reasonable?

JB

'78SA
Old 01-17-2002, 10:48 PM
Warp70
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How much less for NOM? (JB)

I think the condition of the car dictates the decrease in price. 20% less might not get you the car if the condition is premo. I will say that from my experience and the Corvette shops I frequent I usually hear anywhere from 10 and 25% less. If the car looked like a Bloomington certified car in every other way the value would be closer to the 10% mark, and if the car had lots of minor issues it would probably be worth closer to 25% less. I guess it's really up to you with regards to what your willing to pay. Good Luck!!!

[Modified by Warp70, 9:49 PM 1/17/2002]
Old 01-18-2002, 12:00 AM
keytech
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How much less for NOM? (JB)

The condition of the car for your purchase is a factor but add in another one...if you get it in primo Top Flight condition and get 10% less, what condition will it be in when you decide to sell? That NOM will more than likely give you a big hit. If resale is considered at purchase time (one of the reasons you get a C3 instead of a C4) then looking for the original motor car now would probably be the better bet. Even if the car is in rougher condition when you sell, it's a lot easier to find someone interested in "restoring" it than a NOM car.
IMHO

Get notified of new replies

To How much less for NOM?

Quick Reply: How much less for NOM?