C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ram's Horn Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 02:00 AM
Armstrong
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram's Horn Exhaust

Was wondering if the rams horn manifolds would fit on a 81 and still have the connector in the same location as I really don't want to have to modify again but I would like them manifolds as I'm tired of looking at them nasty lookin tubes on top of my original manifold. Not really interested in headers but the ram's horn exhaust I like. Anybody know???
Old 01-17-2002, 02:07 AM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Default Re: Ram's Horn Exhaust (Armstrong)

I know they'll bolt on, aren't emissions legal(but you seem to be aware of that.) As far as connections go, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't fit perfectly... nothing ever goes pefectly on our cars. :) Maybe you'll get lucky.
-Steve
Old 01-17-2002, 09:10 AM
73 Teach's Pet
Instructor

I too suspect that since the frame and drive train was basically the same from 63 to 82 that rams horns should fit with little to no problems. If you do a little more homeork, there are two outlet sizes, 2" & 2 1/2". I think that the mid to early 60's small blocks used the larger outlet size, though the 2" outlet are easier find. Sorry I can't be of more help on this topic. Mid yer chambered side pipe exhausts bolt right up to the 2" outlet rams horns, and access to the spark plugs is very easy which is why I kept the stock style exhaust manifolds, but I did exchange my smog manifolds to the early style which that do not have extra air pump tube fittings.
Be cool!
"TEACH"
Old 01-17-2002, 11:17 AM
Armstrong
Burning Brakes

Sounds good.Thanx for the help. Now to get ride of those stinkin tubes.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:36 AM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Was wondering if the rams horn manifolds would fit on a 81 and still have the connector in the same location as I really don't want to have to modify again but I would like them manifolds as I'm tired of looking at them nasty lookin tubes on top of my original manifold. Not really interested in headers but the ram's horn exhaust I like.
Not sure if I really understand your question. Are you just wanting to get rid of the A.I.R. tubes going to the stock exhaust manifold. If so you can pull them off and just plug the holes with pipe plugs.

Or did the 81 come with the tubler shorty headers and you want to get rid of those tubes? Then, you would be better off with the shorty headers as they are much more efficient.

tom...
Old 01-17-2002, 12:36 PM
Armstrong
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Ram's Horn Exhaust (Tom73)

Yea. I have the tubular shorty headers with them nasty smog tubes sticking out the top.

Get notified of new replies

To Ram's Horn Exhaust

Quick Reply: Ram's Horn Exhaust