C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Cover Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2002, 12:46 AM
av8vito
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Seat Cover Install

Got my new 100% leather seat covers for my 1980 today. Installed both seat backs on the old foam, no problem. When trying to install the seat bottom covers on the old foam, the install kit uses some twisted wires to hold down the padded part of the seat bottom, and hog rings to hold down the perimeter. How do I use the twisted wires? The hog rings and hog ring pliers work like a champ for the perimeter, but I can't figure out how to get the twisted wires to hook around the wires in the seat bottoms. Any help???????
Old 01-17-2002, 01:22 AM
daily_driver
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Seat Cover Install (av8vito)

you mean the wire clips?? that come in different sizes??

u need an install tool to pull them through the foam...

what you do is install a long metal wire in the seat "listing" (its a long long channel that u cut and insert the wire in..then make slits for the clips to attach too)

now u attach the clips... then u pull the clips through with the tool and latch them to the seat bottom wire....

after all the clips are attached you bend the leather outsides over the frame and attach the sides...

now you attach the bottom long wires with hog rings to the springs on the foam of the seat..

goto http://www.corvettefaq.com for an article with pictures and youll get it then.
:cheers:

Quick Reply: Seat Cover Install