C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Special "Extra" race for the 2002 Cartek Corvette Challenge !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 06:08 PM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Special "Extra" race for the 2002 Cartek Corvette Challenge !!

Raceway Park has just given us another race day.......However, it is pointed to the top 4 in the points standings. On one of their Wednesday night spectaculars......usually they entail shows like Robosaurus, Monster trucks, Pro Mods, Fuel dragsters and Fuel Funny cars, Alcohol Funny cars, Jet Dragsters and Jet trucks...and draw as many as 50,000 spectators....well we will have the top 4 points racers running in this show also !! Think how it would feel like to race in front of up to 50,000 people !! If you think you would like to race in this event all you have to do is place in the top 4 in point at the time the track picks the day. Come out and sign up for the points series and get in the action, remember in last years series nobody was a shoe in, it went to the last race before the points champion was crowned !!

Guys, think of it, we are considered part of the real Raceway Park yearly program !! We have made it to the big time, help surport the series guys !! :D :D :D :D
Old 01-16-2002, 06:43 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Default Re: Special "Extra" race for the 2002 Cartek Corvette Challenge !! (Red98C5)

That is great news Dennis.

Look forward to it. I hope I am not out of town on that Wednesday;)
Old 01-16-2002, 07:15 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Special "Extra" race for the 2002 Cartek Corvette Challenge !! (REDGAR)

Id probably get nervous and :U
Chris...hopefully make it there this year!

Chris :D
Old 01-16-2002, 07:32 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Special "Extra" race for the 2002 Cartek Corvette Challenge !! (Red98C5)

Boy, I'm excited. When I first told track management of our proposal to let our cars race at a BIG wednesday show, they looked at us like we had 4 heads each but being the businessmen they are at E-town they recognize our mass appeal to the spectator that attend these type of showes.
Our Corvette are easer for the spectators to relate to than a 1971 camaro.
By see us race they might just want to get out of the stands and try racing their own car what ever the make/model it may be.
As Dennis stated Raceway Park will invite the top (4) racers in the Cartek Corvette Challenge Points Series to compete in one of the three Wednesday Night Spectacular Show. (date to be determined).
So how did all this happen???????
It's easy, The racers that participated in this series and put on such a SUPER show made this all possible and I thank you all for your support.
As this series growes we will be able to do more for you, the racers.
Thank you all again, and remember to sign up for the points program when that becomes available.
Thanks John

Old 01-16-2002, 08:01 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: Special "Extra" race for the 2002 Cartek Corvette Challenge !! (mackeyred96)

I'm not that good of a racer. It would be cool to see a C3 there racing. I'll bet there are not to many of them racing.
Old 01-16-2002, 08:18 PM
QuickVet
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Special "Extra" race for the 2002 Cartek Corvette Challenge !! (Gordonm)

:eek: im getting goosebumps just thinking about it. sure would be cool :cool: Hope i get the chance ;)
Old 01-17-2002, 09:38 AM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Default Re: Special "Extra" race for the 2002 Cartek Corvette Challenge !! (Gordonm)

Gordon, no reason why it couldn't be you. Racing is 50% skill, 10% car and the other 50% LUCK :lol:
Old 01-17-2002, 01:24 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: Special "Extra" race for the 2002 Cartek Corvette Challenge !! (REDGAR)

Recently have not had much luck. Broken rear and now transmission having 4th gear troubles. I think they should take a car from each generation and run them. :D
Old 01-17-2002, 06:22 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I think they should take a car from each generation and run them. :D
Anything COULD be possible :)

Get notified of new replies

To Special "Extra" race for the 2002 Cartek Corvette Challenge !!

Quick Reply: Special "Extra" race for the 2002 Cartek Corvette Challenge !!