C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Is It ??????????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 05:02 PM
Richard Cooper
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Why Is It ??????????????

I have a 22 mile ride to work (44 miles round trip ) every day. I always use my daily driver which is a 1988 Corsica. Its a real piece of junk, but does the job and lets me keep the vette safe during the winter. Just about every day I get stuck behind a much slower car or truck. There are only a few places that I can pass legally, but the Corsica just can't do it. Its only a 4 cylinder and has almost 200,000 miles on it. I'm always saying "wish I had the vette", but when I do drive the vette there is never anyone in the way! I hate when that happens.
Old 01-16-2002, 05:07 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Why Is It ?????????????? (Richard Cooper)

It is the Laws of driving :lol:
Old 01-16-2002, 05:11 PM
Tominator
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It the same thing as when you don't have a girlfriend there no girls anywhere but when you have a girl friend theres girls every where. :cheers:
Old 01-16-2002, 05:25 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Why Is It ?????????????? (Tominator)

It the same thing as when you don't have a girlfriend there no girls anywhere but when you have a girl friend theres girls every where. :cheers:
OH MAN... IS THIS THE TRUTH OR WHAT?? :yesnod: TRUER WORDS WERE NEVER SPOKEN :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 01-16-2002, 05:26 PM
Chris Fowler
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'10

Why is it that when I drive my wife's Toyota Corolla I see vettes all over the place, but I can't wave, 'cause I'm not in my vette. When I drive my vette I rarely see another vette on the road? :confused:
Old 01-16-2002, 06:09 PM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Richard:
I know exactly what you mean! It mostly only happens to me whenever I am out making an appliance delivery. The delivery truck is a beat up '85 Dodge Pick-up Truck with 150,000 + miles on it. The only two passing zones are usually up steep hills. With a washer and dryer on the back...the poor girl struggles to go 55 mph up hills. The engine is a worn out 318, I always find myself saying "man I wish I was in the 'Vette."

VENT: Why is it that I follow a vehicle 35mph in a 55mph zone all the way to the passing zone and whenever I pull out to pass they speed up to 75mph? :mad :mad That is one of the most irritating things. And to top it off, once the passing lane ends they slow back down to 35mph. Not much you can do.... :mad

[Modified by bence13_33, 4:10 PM 1/16/2002]
Old 01-16-2002, 06:45 PM
Lohkay
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Very true. :) But I can tell you why...! A girl always wants what she doesn't have....if you have a girlfriend, she'll automatically be in competition with her. :lol:
Old 01-16-2002, 07:08 PM
Clink69
Drifting

Default Re: Why Is It ?????????????? (Chris Fowler '80)

""Why is it that when I drive my wife's Toyota Corolla I see vettes all over the place, but I can't wave, 'cause I'm not in my vette. When I drive my vette I rarely see another vette on the road? ""

Cuz your goin too fast to see um. :D :flag
Old 01-16-2002, 07:11 PM
Clink69
Drifting

I know, I am married and all the women talk to me now... I still like it though :lol: :flag
Old 01-16-2002, 07:21 PM
The Dude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'd be suprised how much attention a wedding band can get you. (Damn! where were they when I was single?)

Anyhow, something like that might be a may be a worthwhile investment for horny, desperate single guys.

Get notified of new replies

To Why Is It ??????????????

Quick Reply: Why Is It ??????????????