C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric wiper door switch actuators?

Old 01-16-2002, 08:59 AM
onedef92
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Default Electric windshield wiper panel switch actuators?

Has anyone considered replacing thier vacuum-powered windshield wiper panel actuator with electric ones similar to the ones that power door locks? Is there a retrofit electric powered product out there that anyone's aware of?

I say this because I have heard from some C-3 owners that the wiper door on 1968 on up Sharks was problem prone and generally not very reliable. What are your experiences? :confused:

[Modified by onedef92, 8:00 AM 1/16/2002]
Old 01-16-2002, 11:47 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: Electric windshield wiper panel switch actuators? (onedef92)

Do a search on this thread topic, there is a fellow who did one with a Linear Actuator,....had built in limit switches...for about 150 bucks or so for the part....not cheap conversion.....I have been looking at door lock actuators too, but modern devices are flimsey and not up to the job....
the old tyme solenoids form '70's cars look too weak also....
I think I will head over to DRMO to see just what they may have some day...must be some servo somewhere that can do the job...off some aircraft...figger if it's mil-spec, it will outlast this car easy....

GENE

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electric wiper door switch actuators?