C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does this sound for my restoration on the 75...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 03:44 AM
NassyVette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How does this sound for my restoration on the 75...?

2002 Viper Yellow with 96 grand sport style black stripe down the middle, black hooker side pipes. and black ZR-1 style rims (if I can make them fit)? I think it would look really mean :reddevil . Any thoughts?

Has anyone used ZR-1 style rims 17X9.5 on a C3? Or does anyone make clones of these rims for the C3?

My 75 resto has been on hold for a while, and I have recently decided to devote all my spare time to it (since my SS Camaro is gone). My 71 is perfect and I want to keep it stock and original, my 98 is mainly a cruiser (20K miles), so I figure the 75 would be the one to mod the hell out of. Anyone agree with this thinking?

Thanks! :seeya
Old 01-15-2002, 04:31 AM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Default Re: How does this sound for my restoration on the 75...? (Yellow75)

As long as you don't have emisisons controls to deal with. I personally think TTIIs look awesome with a bright color like yellow. Why not go w/ Corvete millenium yellow? For a block, I would reccommend a large-cube small block, and get some kind of suspension setup to make your C5 cringe. In the mean time, I'll drive your C5 for you, so you can concentrate even more on the 75. :)
-Steve
Old 01-15-2002, 11:56 AM
NassyVette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: How does this sound for my restoration on the 75...? (Pacin'California)

As long as you don't have emisisons controls to deal with. I personally think TTIIs look awesome with a bright color like yellow. Why not go w/ Corvete millenium yellow? For a block, I would reccommend a large-cube small block, and get some kind of suspension setup to make your C5 cringe. In the mean time, I'll drive your C5 for you, so you can concentrate even more on the 75. :)
-Steve
Hey, actually I have a set of torque thrusts on it now...but I plan on putting them back on the 71 vette. I thought the ZR1 rim would be better for performance. I thought about mill. yellow, but it looks too "orangy" in low light, it looks good on the C5, but I dont know about on a C3. I'm also really set on the yellow/black theme. Yellow ext. black stripe, black side pipes, black rims, black int. :) And the suspension is getting worked right after the brakes are done. I have all the parts...just been waiting for time to do it.

Get notified of new replies

To How does this sound for my restoration on the 75...?

Quick Reply: How does this sound for my restoration on the 75...?