C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCRS Question?...Anyone!...Anyone!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2002, 11:33 PM
INTIMIDATOR ZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default NCRS Question?...Anyone!...Anyone!

:seeya Hopefully in a couple of months I would like to start detailing the underside of my 81' Corvette. I was hoping some one could tell me if there is anything that should be painted a certain color (floor pans, storage area bottoms, etc,...) Thanks in advance :yesnod:

[Modified by Intimidator454, 10:35 PM 1/14/2002]
Old 01-15-2002, 12:00 AM
ksbunting
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: NCRS Question?...Anyone!...Anyone! (Intimidator454)

Intimidator 454
Couple of suggestions;
1 Go to the NCRS web site http://www.ncrs.org and go tothe Technical Discussion Board and ask any specific questions. You do not have to be a member to ask a question.
2. Go to NCRS book store at same site and see what they have for books for your year car
3. Get hold of a book (Library or book store) called "Corvette Restoration Guide 1968-1982" written by Richard Prince. I have it and it covers good details for all cars in that time period. Using it to restore my 68 along with NCRS JudgingManual & Technical Guide. You can get it through NCRS or Amazon.com I paid $29.95 at local book store but worth every cent and well written.
Good luck,
Kurt Bunting NCRS #26406 68 L79 Coupe
Old 01-15-2002, 12:06 AM
ksbunting
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: NCRS Question?...Anyone!...Anyone! (Intimidator454)

I just checked Amazon.com and they have the "Corvette Restoration Guide 1968-1982" by Richard Prince for $20.96 new or $18.50 used. They also have acollector edition (whatever that is) for $29.00
Old 01-15-2002, 12:07 AM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: NCRS Question?...Anyone!...Anyone! (ksbunting)

Definately get the NCRS TIM&JG. It's 100+ pages packed with details about colors, finishes, where the overspray should & shouldn't be etc... Plus if you really want to do it right, get involved with your local chapter. Be an Observer Judge at a meet. Go to some of the Tech Training Sessions run by the varions NCRS chapters. As wonderful and complete as the TIM&JG is - and it's more complete than any book I've EVER seen - it's only the tip of the iceburg. There's a lot more tribal knowledge in NCRS than any other organization I've ever been involved with. You really need to get active with it to tap into that. :) Good Luck! ~Juliet
Old 01-15-2002, 12:59 AM
Tyler Townsley
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Re: NCRS Question?...Anyone!...Anyone! (Juliet)

NCRS 24th Winter Regional meet is at the Hyatt(corner I 4 and US 192) near Disney on 24-26 January 2002. This is the only NCRS meet that is open/advertised to the public. Judging is Friday and Sat, 130+ venders, for sale corral, local corvette club wash and shine show on Sunday. Free admission to see the cars and swap meet, come see what we are about.

HTTP://www.NCRSFL.org/ncrs_regional.htm

Tyler
Old 01-15-2002, 03:02 AM
La Orange
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: NCRS Question?...Anyone!...Anyone! (Tyler Townsley)

You would be more then welcome to come and join us at our
Forth Annual Mardi Gras Chapter Meet here in Louisiana it will
be held Feburary 1st and 2nd it is open to the public .
We also have a open car show and swap meet at the same time to help get the local car clubs envolived check out our web site it is very informitive and playsgrate music http://www.NCRS-Louisisana.org hope you can join us.
If I can help please email me Michael :cheers: :chevy

Get notified of new replies

To NCRS Question?...Anyone!...Anyone!

Quick Reply: NCRS Question?...Anyone!...Anyone!