C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Calendar

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2002, 06:57 PM
mike79
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Calendar

Has anyone purchased a corvette calendar from "Moments of Light"and found it to be poor quality? After spending $27.50 I was very dissapointed. The pictures are not very clear and they don't fill the page. I expressd my disapointment to "Moments of Light" and got no responce. As an FYI I would think twice before ordering one.
Old 01-14-2002, 09:09 PM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Corvette Calendar (mike79)

You are absolutely correct. I got mine the other day and it was VERY disappointing. I couldn't believe I paid $27.50 for this thing which I could have generated on my local printer with better results. :U

The one I ordered was suppose to have my car on the cover and also the month of November. The cover was there but that was it. And of course the cover photo looked like a bad scan.

I haven't had time to deal with it since I got it. I agree, anyone else thinking about it, don't bother.

Old 01-14-2002, 10:37 PM
Mr69Vett
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the three of us got the same thing. Ordered the calandar with your car on the cover for 27 bucks and yes change. I was pretty disapointed, first with the quality of the prints, second, no names of the owners of the vehicles, or any other information. I believe they have seen my last paypal check. :cuss :cuss :cuss :nono: :nono: :nono:

If I would have wanted qualitly like this I would have ordered a ricer calandar :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least I still have my sence of humor, its only money :D :D :D
Old 01-14-2002, 11:24 PM
MacA1979
Always Shiftin'
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 205 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Glad now that I waited!! Very unfortunate. There are some very nice Corvette pictures that could have made for some real nice calendars.
Old 01-14-2002, 11:26 PM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Re: Corvette Calendar (QikStik)

Thanks for the heads-up. I receive one every year for Christmas (a staple), and one of them was of similar dissapointment. The pics were poor and some even had the wrong year in the description! :smash:
Old 01-14-2002, 11:29 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Corvette Calendar (QikStik)

Whew!! I am glad you guys spoke up. I feel the exact same way. I also feel the "Editors choice" left alot to be desired. Maybe that was so more people would go custom, I sure did. Wasn't worth the $27.00 each.
Old 01-14-2002, 11:43 PM
Captain Morgan
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Default Re: Corvette Calendar (Mr69Vett)

Dave,
I'm sorry you didn't like the calendar. I was upset at the quality of the pic of your car, I thought it looked better in the pic we sent back and forth, but I guess that happens. Maybe it was just a fluke. Hope I didn't upload the wrong pic. I was pretty happy with my calendars and my dad liked his as one of his Christmas gifts. Some of the pics didn't fill the page because they weren't the full 600x800pixels but that showed on the site when you uploaded your pics or chose them for the calendar. Again, I was happy with mine, sorry you guys didn't like yours.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:19 AM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Corvette Calendar (sharklover)

I like mine. But then agan I didn't expect a glossy printed calendar either. I probably could have printed comprable quality on the pricey laser printer at work :nono: but the hassle of doing the calendar part of it and that spiral thinggy makes it worth the price in my book.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Calendar

Quick Reply: Corvette Calendar