C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble shooting Fuel System cont.

Old 01-13-2002, 01:28 PM
kostutsman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble shooting Fuel System cont.

Have been following the sharklover's string on bog at high speed because I am having a similar problem but the string has died a little - I installed a fuel pressure guage to monitor what was happening during driving conditions and mine is actually falling from 6 lbs to 3 and sometimes 1 during low loads. The fuel filter is new and ok and I can not find any kinks - the fule tank is new as well and the screen looks ok -

Since pressure starts out ok I am assuming the pump (that is also new) is ok - is this a good assumption? The 427 is a new rebuild could there be a cam to pump compatibility issue? it is an XE268 with the stock pump push rod and the pump is a stock replacement as well.

It is almost like the line is collapsing after startup - since I can not find any problems with inspection the only thing I know to do is bypass the line from the tank to the pump to see if the problem gets better.

What other testing can I do at this point to determine if the new pump is not the problem - what about pulling fuel from a gas can rather than the tank? I can actually produce the problem without driving the car.

Other ideas?

[Modified by kostutsman, 2:52 PM 1/13/2002]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trouble shooting Fuel System cont.