C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some help with my 76 vette

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 03:00 AM
akstreker
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help with my 76 vette

hey you might have seen my erlyer post about my problems im having with my 76 corvette. well i fixed most of the stuff like dash lights head lights wipers i put in a Cat converter. All i got left is for some reson when left turn signal turns on but dosent blink the right one works fine what can be wrong?
Also what lamps should turn on when you turn on the interiour lights also what curtasy lights should light up when i open the door and what sounds should the buzzerds make when i open the door or turn on the ignition because the buzzerds arnt making any sounds what can be wrong? cuz right now they making no sounds :chevy :jester
Old 01-13-2002, 03:43 AM
mrbeaubo
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: I need some help with my 76 vette (akstreker)

I suggest you buy an ASSEMBLY MANUAL (commonly called AIM) from Zip, just click Restoration Store at the top of the page. Make sure to use the CF-5 discount and also make sure to get the binder. Then I would get in and check all your wiring and see if thats screwing up the blinkers and other stuff.
Old 01-13-2002, 09:15 AM
jerryp58
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pretty much suck at electrical work, but...

For the turn signal, I'd check all of the bulbs on the front, side, and rear. I thought that the turn signal indicator was designed to stay on if any bulb was bad (to let you know there was a problem).

I just have the overhead light and kick panel interior lights. All three come on when the doors are opened, but I think just the top light comes on when I turn the interior lights on (I'll have to check that).

I don't know about your '76, but my '77 has a warning buzzer for the ignition.

I agree about the AIM, it's one of the best repair "tools" you can buy.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-13-2002, 10:14 AM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I need some help with my 76 vette (jerryp58)

I agree, check all bulbs. The easy way to check all turn signal bulbs is to turn on the 4way flasher circut. This makes all of the turnsignal bulbs flash togeather. Then walk around the car to see which ones work.
Old 01-13-2002, 11:12 AM
Jason Staley
Melting Slicks

Received 145 Likes on 88 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Check your bulbs. The dash light will stay on if there is something wrong with a bulb. This was done on purpose to let you know to fix it. I just experienced this the last time I was at the drag strip. My front turn signal socket came loose and destroyed the bulb when it hit the ground. Once I replaced the bulb, the system worked fine again. Hope this is your problem - easy to fix. :yesnod:

On the buzzer issue. Does your car still even have the buzzer installed? I know some people (like my dad) removes the buzzers from cars because they find them annoying. They just plug into a socket on most older cars (not sure about vettes), and can be easily removed & replaced if you know where they are located.

I also agree with the others - get a good wiring diagram. It will save you a lot of fustration.

Get notified of new replies

To I need some help with my 76 vette

Quick Reply: I need some help with my 76 vette