C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96 CE wheels on a 68

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 01:20 AM
Tyler Townsley
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 27 Posts

Default 96 CE wheels on a 68

Any one running the 9.5 in CE wheels on a 68 with spacers and what size spacers did you use? I test fit a rim with 255 R40 17 tires on 2.75 in spacers on the frount today and did not see a clearence problem but the car is in a paint mode and cannot be driven yet, so is anyone driving with this combo. I got 5 cromed CE wheels with two 255 GSC's mounted for 1400, never been on a car. Also going to use same rims on rear with 3 in spacers and 275 or 285 tires, moved parking brake flange. Any one running that combo?

Tyler
90ZR1
68 Z88 (L88 clone)
Old 01-15-2002, 03:08 AM
VegasJen
CFOT Attention Whore

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Re: 96 CE wheels on a 68 (Tyler Townsley)

hi tyler, i have a similar setup on my '81. '93 base coupe wheels, my favorite style. i have 2.5" spacers in front, the front wheels are 8.5" wide and 3" spacers in rear since the rears are 9.5" wide. :yesnod: i love this combination! :) i have heard that the 9.5 will fit on the front with the 3" spacer but i haven't tried it myself. the one issue you may want to be aware of is how far out the tires my stick out. as i recall, the '68 didn't have quite as much flare around the wheel openings which may cause the wheels to stick out an inch or so. on my '81 the wide rears are just barely past the factory flair of the wheel opening but just barely, and it's even less noticeable when i have a full degree of negative camber in the rear! :D as for the parking brake tabs on my control arms, i had no clearance problems at all and they are still in their original location. hope that helps. write me if i can answer any other questions for you.

Quick Reply: 96 CE wheels on a 68