C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The guy who screwed me on my wheels, Kurt Haugan; "azdesertshark"

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 08:10 PM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Father & Son St. Jude Donor '09

Default The guy who screwed me on my wheels, Kurt Haugan; "azdesertshark"

I sold my original rally wheels to a guy in Scottsdale "azdesertshark" (Kurt Haugan). He only made a partial payment of $200 without any explanation (we agreed on $360). 10 days after I received payment, I finally got back in touch with him (I kept calling). He told me his secretary sent the wrong check to me and should've sent $360 and he'd send the balance ASAP. :bs That was over 6 weeks ago! :mad :mad If you ever come across this guy, tell him off for me (wouldn't want you to get charged with manslaughter over $160, now if it was a grand, I'd ask you guys to take a chance and smack him good). He works in Mesa, AZ at Householder Group, 1201 S. Alma School Road, Suite 5400; (480) 464-9300. I don't have a home address or number, apparently he's not listed or doesn't own any property in Mesa or Scottsdale. I have family there and we're looking at going to small claims court against him. :D

People have been so nice to me on the forum: I got some free exhaust parts from one member and some used struts just for paying shipping, not to mention the help LARS provides anyone who asks! So I thought I'd try to return a bit of a favor to another member and not send the wheels COD like we agreed. It would've cost him another $40 (5 boxes) and it sure seemed like a waste of money. We'd e:mailed quite a bit and talked on the phone, so I trusted him. Bad call on my part! :bb

I'm finally calling him out on the Forum but wanted to let you know so you can call him on it if you get the chance. He has a 68 BB 427 Conv that he's trying to put back to a semi-stock car. :mad

I've already seen comments about what I should have done, but oh well, I did what I did and got burned!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2002, 08:19 PM
SuperFast80
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: The guy who screwed me on my wheels, Kurt Haugan; "azdesertshark" (74-Roadster)

Well, I certainly appreciate the tip. Caveat Emptor aside, it still unnerving that we would f--k each other over here. What goes around comes around.
Old 01-12-2002, 08:32 PM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

Default Re: The guy who screwed me on my wheels, Kurt Haugan; "azdesertshark" (74-Roadster)

74-Roadster,

Sorry to hear you got screwed, I'm sure there is someone who can "assist" :D

Did you buy your 74 from someone in Florida? I knew someone who had a white convert with those exact rims.
Old 01-12-2002, 08:44 PM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: The guy who screwed me on my wheels, Kurt Haugan; "azdesertshark" (C3 Shark Tank)

Did you buy your 74 from someone in Florida? I knew someone who had a white convert with those exact rims.
No, from a guy outside Wichita, KS. It had original Rallys on it when I bought it and even though it's going to be a while before I can pull her apart and turn her into the car I want, I had to get some custom wheels to keep me happy until then. :D :D It's been well cared for and I needed a car that wasn't all messed up since I'm not a well versed mechanic. I know what ever I take apart, I can put back together. . . now after this one's done, maybe I can find a cheap (relatively) C2 project that's in boxes!!!!
Old 01-12-2002, 08:48 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

74-Roadster,
NEVER NEVER send the parts before you get the money NEVER.
I don`t care who someone is, Forum or NO Forum "no tickey no washey" Words i live by! ....redvetracr
Old 01-12-2002, 09:49 PM
Bills17n72
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 516 Likes on 360 Posts

Hey 74 roadster
I sent a guy a set of used strut rods in texas awhile back ,are you the guy, your car doesnt look familer. By the way I also sent another guy a set of used trim rings, all he had to do is pay the shippind to!!!!

see ya Bill
Old 01-12-2002, 10:53 PM
nastee383
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: The guy who screwed me on my wheels, Kurt Haugan; "azdesertshark" (redvetracr)

Or send them COD. They must pay with a certified check to take delivery.
Old 01-12-2002, 10:53 PM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: The guy who screwed me on my wheels, Kurt Haugan; "azdesertshark" (Bills79)

Hey 74 roadster
I sent a guy a set of used strut rods in texas awhile back ,are you the guy, your car doesnt look familer.
Yeah Bill, I'm the guy. Thanks again!!!

I have new bushings for them on the work bench!!! They may be on by summer time. :confused: I have a nose that still needs replaced and I'm going to customize it . . . and I had to buy a new computer (and got a new printer, scanner, games and a racing wheel :D :D). So I had to put the compressor and paint gun stuff off a while.
Old 01-12-2002, 10:54 PM
nastee383
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: The guy who screwed me on my wheels, Kurt Haugan; "azdesertshark" (redvetracr)

74-Roadster,
I don`t care who someone is, Forum or NO Forum "no tickey no washey" Words i live by! ....redvetracr
Or send them COD. They must pay with a certified check to take delivery
Old 01-13-2002, 12:29 AM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 756 Likes on 525 Posts

Glen,
Should have swapped the rims for the heat riser that I sent you :lol: :lol:
John
Old 01-13-2002, 12:47 AM
Cruzmeisters
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

74-Roadster,
What the "Racer" said :smash: EVERYTHING you see on E-Bay, it's ALWAYS stated: "if paying by personal check, we will wait to ship for 10 days for check to clear".
Unfortunately, the days of a handshake sealing a deal are OVER :sad: :yesnod: whether you drive a Corvette or a '72 Pinto :D (Hey, I bought one of those "brandy new" :cry ) :p:
Cruz
Old 01-13-2002, 12:52 AM
Pedro'74
Melting Slicks

I sold a few parts (very few) here on the forum, and I always sent the parts before I saw the color of the money. Never had a problem, but now I guess I'll re-examine my procedures.... This kind of thing sux.... :(

-Pedro
Old 01-13-2002, 01:02 AM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: The guy who screwed me on my wheels, Kurt Haugan; "azdesertshark" (Cruzmeisters)

I'll be looking for him :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad
Old 01-13-2002, 01:03 AM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: The guy who screwed me on my wheels, Kurt Haugan; "azdesertshark" (Cruzmeisters)

I'll be watching for him :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad
Old 01-13-2002, 01:08 AM
45ACP
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What is his e-mail address?

Does he have a homepage?

A search with the forum search engine comes up with NOTHING.
Old 01-13-2002, 01:25 AM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: (45ACP)

Here's his e:mail:

muny_dr@hotmail.com

He hasn't posted since October or November???????

Old 01-13-2002, 02:42 AM
spiru
Instructor

This doesn't have anything to do with your situation but it reminds me of an old quote, Locks are only to keep honest people out. How sad.

Get notified of new replies

To The guy who screwed me on my wheels, Kurt Haugan; "azdesertshark"

Old 01-13-2002, 07:48 PM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

74-Roadster,
Truely this is the case if you are a seller, but what about the opposite, there are plenty of buyers out there who have been stung by people who do not send parts even AFTER they have the money in their hands.

Unfortunatly the only real solution is to NEVER NEVER purchase parts by long distance. Any purchase, or Sale over the internet has the potential of being a ripoff - to either side.
Old 01-13-2002, 08:08 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: The guy who screwed me on my wheels, Kurt Haugan; "azdesertshark" (fauxrs)

I've had some really good experiences with people here on the forum, that's how I got my Hooker headers/ sidepipes. It's peoples generosity here that has let me help others with parts they may me looking for. I just sent a fellow my old fan & clutch assembly to try on his vette, it was just sitting in my garage collecting dust & probably never going back on my car again, so it feels good to help others. I too am a very trusting person that sometimes comes back to bite me :( . Too bad there are dishonest people out there without any values :nonod: .

Then again, maybe he's just jealous of your car ;) .
Old 01-13-2002, 08:23 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: The guy who screwed me on my wheels, Kurt Haugan; "azdesertshark" (SmokedTires)

I have only had good experiences and no problems with about 8 transactions with individuals on the forum...Sorry to hear about that!!

Quick Reply: The guy who screwed me on my wheels, Kurt Haugan; "azdesertshark"