C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gmpartsdirect.com... any good? Anyone in Canada order from them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 07:45 PM
luvmy73
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gmpartsdirect.com... any good? Anyone in Canada order from them?

Their prices are awesome! Anyone have any good/bad experiences with them? Also anyone in Canada order from them.. will they ship up here or not?
Thanks guys.

Michael.
Old 01-12-2002, 08:33 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: Gmpartsdirect.com... any good? Anyone in Canada order from them? (luvmy73)

Yes, they will ship to Canada. But take the part numbers and just order from your Local Chev dealer in Canada. You will save a lot of money on shipping and brokerage fees.
Old 01-12-2002, 08:37 PM
luvmy73
Racer

Default Re: Gmpartsdirect.com... any good? Anyone in Canada order from them? (paul79)

Paul, will my local chevy dealer give me the same prices that they will or not?
Old 01-12-2002, 11:15 PM
Apeiron
Advanced

Default Re: Gmpartsdirect.com... any good? Anyone in Canada order from them? (luvmy73)

Most dealers will give you the list price unless you build a relationship with them. My local dealer always gives me the best possible price because I've been going there for years and I'm usually there a couple times a week to pick up something. Even in cases where an aftermarket part is much cheaper than the original GM, they'll call a wholesaler for me and get me what I need at the dealership's price.

[Modified by Apeiron, 9:17 PM 1/12/2002]
Old 01-13-2002, 01:24 AM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Their prices are awesome! Anyone have any good/bad experiences with them? Also anyone in Canada order from them.. will they ship up here or not?
Thanks guys.

Michael.

They charge a very high shipping/handling fee!! This will sometimes make their final price a little less than awesome, but still pretty good. I find their website very useful because you can plug in a GM part # and it will give you GM list , and wholesale prices. Some dealers will charge you MORE than GM list for parts, so this knowledge of GM list price can be very importatnt!

It used to bother me that they quote such a low price (below GM wholesale) but then charge a very high shipping fee. They do explain on their website that their profit margin is in the shipping fee! I have bought most of the small stuff from my local dealer at GM list price but I look it up on GMpartsdirect database first! :) MJ

Get notified of new replies

To Gmpartsdirect.com... any good? Anyone in Canada order from them?

Quick Reply: Gmpartsdirect.com... any good? Anyone in Canada order from them?