C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check engine CODE 34, any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 02:12 PM
TJKirby82CE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine CODE 34, any ideas?

My car was cutting out and the check engine light was comming on and off. I read the codes and it flashed 34 three times. Any idea what part I need to replace or what the culperate could be?-Thanks -Travis
Old 01-12-2002, 06:23 PM
ROD NOCK
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Check engine CODE 34, any ideas? (TJKirby82CE)

Travis-
According to my old notes, your code 34 is pointing towards the MAP sensor or Vacuum Sensor Circuit. Pop off the vac hose (at sensor) & check for @ least 10" vacuum from hose at idle. (engine @ operating temp) If not, trace that hose and fix. Hose could be cracked. (pinch hose @ one end and apply vacuum at other, watch for leaks with Hg gage) If that finds nothing, you're gonna have to start checking voltages at the sensor electrical connector end following back to the ECM with a digital voltmeter. Depending on the end results of multiple tests, the worst case fixes will be: repair vacuum circuit, repair open/shorts in wires to ECM, repl ECM or repl sensor. If you're prepared to tackle this yourself, email me for more info. Be glad to help all I can, Good Luck -Rod-

Quick Reply: Check engine CODE 34, any ideas?