C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for good prices on parts to build a 377 stroker in California, can anyone help??

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 02:08 PM
osssmosis
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for good prices on parts to build a 377 stroker in California, can anyone help??

I really want to get this taken care of ASAP as the current engine in my 82 vette is dying. I found the following kit at PAW parts in chatsworth and was wondering if it is a good price.

The long block kit for a 377 stroker includes
NEW GM 4 bolt Main BLOCK, Precision Ground Crank, Forged Rods with chrome moly bolts, federal mogul anti-riction coated hypereutectic or forged pistons, moly ring set, clevite m77 bearing, PAW/ SSI camshaft, roller timing chain set, computer balancing, New World Products cylinder heads, new lifters, new pushrods, new hv oil pump, new rocker arms, complete felpro gasket set
You get all this for $2395. Is this a good price, anyone know of a better price for similar parts? anyone have any tips? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

:D
Old 01-12-2002, 12:42 AM
Matt M
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Looking for good prices on parts to build a 377 stroker

http://www.speedomotive.com
check out the 383 street-master engine

they are in CA, too.
Old 01-12-2002, 08:07 AM
Matt Gruber
Race Director

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Re: Looking for good prices on parts to build a 377 stroker in California,

buy the brand new GM 383 long block for 2697. comes with a roller cam and a GM warranty.
325hp
Old 01-12-2002, 02:29 PM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,327 Likes on 1,057 Posts

I was going to build a 377 a few years back. When it really got down to researching it I would spend money building up a 400 ci chevy block. The journals are to big, the cylinder cooling will always be debated, and I would never use an externaly balanced motor. 377's had a place 20 years ago in the rev high classes.

Modern metals make the stroker 350's a much better option. Or if you have a 400 why would you want to use less ci. It's like taking a knife to a gun fight.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for good prices on parts to build a 377 stroker in California, can anyone help??

Quick Reply: Looking for good prices on parts to build a 377 stroker in California, can anyone help??