C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A GREAT day ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 10:50 AM
sray454
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default A GREAT day ...

I got to drive the 'vette to work today ... not normally a GREAT day making thing, but you see I live in Chicago, and we're supposed to be in the mid 20's with a foot of snow on the ground. Instead in mid 40's and NO hint of snow ... so what the hey ... I backed it out of it's permanent garage spot and away we went !!!!
Old 01-11-2002, 11:12 AM
rmadlem
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A GREAT day ... (sray454)

Way to go!! You just have to take advantage of this midwest weather when you can. My Baby is still safely tucked away in storage as we still have quite a bit of snow on the ground......and yes, with the temp in the 40's.....it's getting rather sloppy out there. I think I'll go sit in it this weekend though for awhile and just ponder the return of warm weather!! :yesnod:
Enjoy the ride!!!
Old 01-11-2002, 11:28 AM
Tominator
Drifting

Got mine out today too :yesnod:

Tue., I had to road trip for work and got paid to drive it. The cool thing was it was over two hours each way :cool:

I hope this keeps up :D
Old 01-11-2002, 11:32 AM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am soooooo jealous. Living here in IL. all my life, I figured on a normal winter and put my car up on stands in December. DOUHHH.. :conehead But at least I'm getting lots of stuff done and will be ready to rock before spring. I'm suprised I've haven't seen you crusin the "hood". Do you ever drive down Peterson to and from work?? I might have caugh the blurr of that 454 flying by not too long ago. Good luck and enjoy this grrrreat weather so far. I fear it won't last much longer :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 01-11-2002, 11:39 AM
sray454
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: A GREAT day ... (Silvr77)

I work in Lake Forest, so I don't get down Peterson much. But I do drive it on the weekends alot ...

I was 'suppose' to put it on block too, but a "while your at it" project got in the way ... started with replacing the tach cable, and so far has resulted in the removal of the entire dash, rechroming of gauge bezels, replacement of dash pads ... all because my tech cable was freyed ... if you can believe it ...

I too suspect the weather right now is just a "gift"...

we should get together some time, talk vettes ...
Old 01-11-2002, 11:53 AM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

we should get together some time, talk vettes ...
Oh yeah... the "while I'm at it syndrome" is how my stabalizer bushings are getting replaced.. and how I broke a rusted cam bolt.. that I am now waiting for :conehead I would love to see that 454 monster of yours. Another forum member (TRS) with a 77 lives a few blocks away from me. Lets get together soon and get our "fix". Email me when you have a free weekend afternoon so you can crawl under my car and work, as I stand there drinking beer and cracking jokes!!!! :lol: :lol: (YEAH... RIGHT) LOL
Old 01-11-2002, 11:55 AM
Tominator
Drifting

I'm working in Sterling IL today not that far from you, I'm about 1.5 hours from O'Hare. Glad we are enjoying the same weather today :cheers:

By the way there used to be a corvette/truck dealer in Rochelle, last time I went by it I didn't see any vets, know any thing about if he moved? He used to always have a bunch of C3 around.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:59 AM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Default Re: A GREAT day ... (Tominator)

Sorry Tom.. I don't get out that way too often and don't know anything bout that dealer. I'm way up in Northern IL a few miles from Packer country. Ain't it great that we can drive our cars this late in the season??? WAHOOO!! :cheers: :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To A GREAT day ...

Quick Reply: A GREAT day ...