C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Bushings]: C4 needs help from the Shark crew!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 12:38 AM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Default [Bushings]: C4 needs help from the Shark crew!!!

Hey guys and gals. :)

I was recently given a $200 gift certificate to Eckler's by a friend's parents for doing some computer work for them. I have been trying to decide what to purchase. I was going to order the Urethane Bushing kit from them, but called to find out who made it. The lady told me that they get the kits from "D Engineering" in California. I have no clue who this is. The kit has the identical contents to the master bushing kit made by Energy Suspension which I would like to buy.

Have any of you had any experience with the bushings from Eckler's for your C3s? The pictures they have for C3 bushings look to be the same material/construction as the C4 ones. I can only assume they are from the same company/provider.

Anyways, the darling Juliet suggested that I ask over here since there are probably more C3 people replacing bushings than C4s (we'll be there soon!!!) at this time.

Thanks a million for your help!! :cheers:
Old 01-11-2002, 12:49 AM
Corvettes White
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Re: [Bushings]: C4 needs help from the Shark crew!!! (scorp508)

Energy Suspension sells a lot of bushings. Get the black ones. Forget the bright colors. Tell the lady “If ‘E’ makes the parts you will buy them.”

George
Old 01-11-2002, 12:50 AM
scorp508
Team Owner

Energy Suspension sells a lot of bushings. Get the black ones. Forget the bright colors. Tell the lady “If ‘E’ makes the parts you will buy them.”
That is what I want, black E bushings. What I am trying to figure out is if these D Engineering people are just distributors for energy suspension.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:51 AM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyways, the darling Juliet ....
:U Hardly. :rolleyes:

:jester :seeya

[Modified by Juliet, 11:53 PM 1/10/2002]
Old 01-11-2002, 05:43 AM
MARKUS_P
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: [Bushings]: C4 needs help from the Shark crew!!! (Juliet)

Anyways, the darling Juliet ....

:U Hardly. :rolleyes:

:jester :seeya

[Modified by Juliet, 11:53 PM 1/10/2002]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-11-2002, 08:57 AM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Come On guys - I know this subject comes up with regularity. :) Kidding aside, can someone please give Scorp some info about the various bushing manufacturers and which materials they use? ~Juliet
Old 01-11-2002, 09:24 AM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: [Bushings]: C4 needs help from the Shark crew!!! (Juliet)

Ive noticed that the Ecklers and other vette vendors often advertise aftermaket components including bushings. I got the same Energy suspension kit from Summitracing for $168. In Ecklers the same kit was $240. They never mention the real manufacturers name. They dont want you to find the parts elsewhere for cheaper. The Vette vendors want you to believe that they are the exclusive carriers of these parts. I use my vette catalogs to see whats available for vettes, then begin my search through summit or jegs and usually find the parts there for much cheaper.

This is interesting. Summit and Jegs use common part #'s. The Vette vendors change the part # in an attempt to make it more difficult to match the part to its true manufacturer. Sly foxes arent they?

There are certain items that you will only be able to find through the vette vendors. If I were you, I would hold the gift certificate for them. Anything you can get somewhere else will be considerably cheaper. If you cant get it anywhere else..then go Ecklers

[Modified by Jvette73, 7:28 AM 1/11/2002]

[Modified by Jvette73, 7:34 AM 1/11/2002]
Old 01-11-2002, 11:26 AM
john's '81 mouse
Burning Brakes

Default Re: [Bushings]: C4 needs help from the Shark crew!!! (Jvette73)

Or if they are manufactured by ES, then ask Ecklers to match the best price you've found, after all, they can only say yes or no, and that's a 50% chance. I used Energy suspension on my '81, purchased directly from ES at that time. (3 years ago)
Old 01-11-2002, 11:42 AM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have installed Energy Suspension Poly bushings recently on my rear spring, stablizers, and front sway bar. The ones I bought are impregnated with graffite and fit like a glove, even on the stablizers. With a little grease and moderate pressure... slipped right in. They get my recomendation... Good luck with your project :cheers:
Old 01-11-2002, 11:50 AM
scorp508
Team Owner

Ok well nobody has yet to answer my question. :) Is the kit made by Ecklers an ES kit in disguise? :crazy: That is my main concern. I don't care what the kit costs since I've got 200 free buck-a-roos to put towards it. I want an Energy Suspension kit. If the Eckler's kit is not just a rebranded kit then I'll buy other components and get the ES kit on my own.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:18 PM
Mack
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: (scorp508)

I put new Energy Suspension bushings on the front. I don't think that the bushings from Ekler's are made by Energy Suspension. I looked at theirs and then I bought mine some where else. I'd say that if I were you, I'd pass on the bushings and use the gift for something else. The Ekler's bushings may be OK, but I'm like you. I prefer the ES bushings. They always fit and I've never had squeaking problems with them.

Just my $0.02
Old 01-11-2002, 12:25 PM
Tom454
Le Mans Master

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Re: (scorp508)

Unless ES actually stamps their name on their parts, there is no way for anyone except for Ecklers or ES to know the answer to that questiion. Ecklers has a vested interest in not telling you the truth. ES might be more candid... call them and ask.

I haven't bought from Ecklers in many moons... their prices are almost always ridiculous. Nice house, but nobody's home. They refuse to send me any more catalogs because they have figured out that I don't purchase from them.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:29 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Scorp,
You can do a search for "Global West" they make some nice stuff. I don`t but too much from the catalog vendors, but i find Ecklers the most expensive of them all. .....redvetracr
Old 01-11-2002, 12:40 PM
Scott78
Drifting

Default Re: [Bushings]: C4 needs help from the Shark crew!!! (redvetracr)

The bushings that came in the Zip frontend kit I just were Energy Suspension.
The install was a snap. I haven't been out on the road with them yet so I can't give you a response on the road feel. I know Jegs,Summit and other Speed catalog merchants carry the Bushing kits for a better price but I needed Ball joints and tie rod ends. In retrospect I should of bought the bushing kit from Jegs and the hardware from one of the vette suppliers. I would of gotten more bushings to use. But I don't think you can go wrong with poly bushings in most applications.
Scott

Get notified of new replies

To [Bushings]: C4 needs help from the Shark crew!!!

Quick Reply: [Bushings]: C4 needs help from the Shark crew!!!