C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine - Finally a K&N

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2002, 04:22 PM
VTHokie77Vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine - Finally a K&N

Well, I woke up broke this morning and knew I needed a new air filter. So I was about to go to Advanced Auto to get a new cheap paper filter when my mom told me that my loan money was in to pay for this coming semester. So I went to Advanced and got a K&N. :D It barely fit because of the Edelbrock intake and carb, (the previous filter was 2", this is 3") but the hood latched and it didn't hit the hood directly. It did have some dust from that hood carpet on the front half of the housing, but seems like its good to go.
Old 01-10-2002, 04:52 PM
VolVette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Engine - Finally a K&N (VTHokie77Vette)

Ah, a good filter!

There is a guy by the name of Wayne (I probably am not remembering that correctly) who is the manager at the VA Tech (Blacksburg, VA) Advance Auto who has a beautiful '72 Vette. He was very helpful to me when I had problems and is VERY knowledgeable about Vettes. I imagine that his '72 is garaged now but if you go down there and ask a Vette question, he's sure to be able to help you.

Stephen
Old 01-11-2002, 01:50 AM
VTHokie77Vette
Racer

Default Re: Engine - Finally a K&N (VolVette)

Are you talking about the deep purple with side pipes??? I'll have to check up with him sometime.. thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Engine - Finally a K&N

Quick Reply: Engine - Finally a K&N