C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone installed a hidden audio system yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2002, 02:58 PM
azvetmn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone installed a hidden audio system yet?

I just got a hidden audio and CD changer for my 69. I am going to put it in one of the storage boxes behind the seat. Has anyone done this yet, if so what were the plus and minus of the install?

Thk,
Jay
Old 01-10-2002, 08:48 PM
ZiVvmO
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Has anyone installed a hidden audio system yet? (azvetmn)

ttt i am definately interested in anyone's take on these also......
Old 01-10-2002, 09:34 PM
BB68Vett
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Has anyone installed a hidden audio system yet? (ZiVvmO)

I have thought about this for my '68 but never tried it. You may want to post this in the audio/electronics section as you may get a better response over there.
Old 01-10-2002, 10:30 PM
1970 Dave
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Has anyone installed a hidden audio system yet? (azvetmn)

I used the jack storage compartment--it requires removel of the jack--and the spring and S hook that holds it down--I started by using a piece of cardboard and fitting it down in the hole--it is a little bit of an odd shape--also necessary to mark the two spring mounting doo hickies--once I got a good fit--I used my pattern to cut out a piece of plywood and covered it with a piece of matching carpet from ACC. I used small short eye type hooks to mount the plywood to the old jack mounting doo hickies--I then mounted the CD player to the plywood and ran the wire out the already existing hole that is there to feed power to the light in the glovebox in the middle compartment. I wish I had a camera to show pics, but baby has to have groceries this month. Hope this helps a little--can answer any questions if need be.--clean mount--out of site and there is still a little room in that compartment for other stuff or possibly an amp someday.

SEMPER FI--1970 Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone installed a hidden audio system yet?

Quick Reply: Has anyone installed a hidden audio system yet?