C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

strange pop??

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2002, 02:37 PM
ykp53
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange pop??

I have got a new sound. as i back the car out of the driveway with the wheel turned to the left i hear a pop it only will hasppen once and i can feel it in the driverside floorboard. the carr did not used to make this sound. i have checked all the connections i can find. everything seems to be tight. the car will only make this sound when the wheels are turning left, and youre drive up or down a incline. im not for sure if you guys know the answer, but i figure you guys might be able to help me look in the right direction.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:39 PM
DaBo
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: strange pop?? (ykp53)

What size tires??

I went to a 255/60-15 all around, when I backed out of driveway, and the front wheels hit the bottom of the dip, I would here a POP sound.

On mine it is the tire hitting the fender lip at the same time the suspension moves. It happens very rarely. I just have to watch how far i turn and the angle I back out of driveway. I have moved since then and it does not happen any more.

I guess your just going to have to buy a new house :) :) :)

Good luck,

Quick Reply: strange pop??