C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Windshield Source recomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2002, 06:59 AM
72LT1Steve
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Windshield Source recomendations?

Ok, a little bummed. Finally get Vette out for a little cruise and what happens, but wham! rock into lower passenger side windshield and crack :cry :cry Now my original windshield will need replacing :nonod: Any N.O.S. windshields left out there, or something with original style marking/labelings?

Thanks Steve
Old 01-10-2002, 08:06 AM
mountainmotor
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New Windshield Source recomendations? (72LT1Steve)

I was surprised when I made a local call and got one installed in my 69 Firebird 400 for $149.95! Thought I might have to comb the Earth so to speak.
Old 01-10-2002, 10:26 AM
Rowdy Rat
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 257 Posts

Default Re: New Windshield Source recomendations?

Steve,

I'm afraid that this is a "good news" "bad news" situation.

Even if you were fortunate enough to locate an NOS windshield, odds are that the dates wouldn't be close.

There are a couple of sources for correctly dated reproduction glass. OEM Glass and LOF Glass Search can supply the front windshield for your car with the same dates as your original. I don't have telephone numbers handy, but both advertise in Hemmings so you should be able to find them there. They are generally accurate in the details and readily available.

Now the bad news...

While they are close, neither of these sources provide a completely accurate reproduction. There are subtle differences that some people will pick up on (although I doubt that anyone outside of Bloomington Gold or NCRS will notice). They aren't inexpensive either... The quote that I received for a windshield for my '70 was around $425.

Good luck with your decision!

Regards,
Old 01-10-2002, 02:24 PM
MoneyPit
Racer

Default Re: New Windshield Source recomendations? (Rowdy Rat)

I think ZIP may have what you are looking for. However, get ready for a nose bleed.
Old 01-11-2002, 05:28 AM
72LT1Steve
Instructor

Default Re: New Windshield Source recomendations? (72LT1Steve)

Thanks for the replys. Figured on getting a little worked over (money) for some kind of original/original look glass was ordered or found. Happy New Year All!! :seeya :flag

Get notified of new replies

To New Windshield Source recomendations?

Quick Reply: New Windshield Source recomendations?