C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Q-Jet off idle stumble - Update

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 10:30 AM
BeaterShark
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Q-Jet off idle stumble - Update

Here is an update on my Q-Jet problems. I had a bad off-idle stumble and, as I had thought, I was running too lean. I was running a stock Edel #1903 Q-Jet with 73 jets and 50 rods.

I ordered up some 48 rods, 75 and 77 jets and a 5 pack of air horn gaskets from my local O'Reily parts house. So far I received the 75 jets and installed them (the rest should be in next week). I did notice an improvement and with a little adjustment, my stumble is pretty much gone.

I do plan to build an A/F meter to hook to an O2 sensor and complete my tuning once I get the other parts.

BTW: I don't know if I was given the parts at O'Reily's cost, but it was $5.29 for the rods, $4.35 for each jet, and $6.93 for the 5 pack of gaskets. Those prices completely blow away Summit's.

Thanks for all the help I received in this forum.
Old 01-09-2002, 02:45 PM
nunus79
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Q-Jet off idle stumble - Update (Chris A)

Good to hear that! :cheers:

Regarding the parts prices, its those near "full list price" small parts that keeps Summit in business, IMO. It pays to shop around. Feels good to find a good deal every once-in-awhile.

Good luck with your build!!
Old 01-09-2002, 03:06 PM
Wendell Allen
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Q-Jet off idle stumble - Update (Chris A)

Cool! It's funny how that works. I was running 45 rods and 71 jets. but based on Lar's recommendations, I kept the rods but put in 78 jets to bring the total metering area to the carb's original spec.

But I still had the stumble.

So after reading his paper some more, I disonnected the power valve to see if it was getting too much fuel initially via the pump. Sure enough, the car responded better without it! So I hooked up the linkage in the hole that gave it less gas and it's been fine ever since.

Who would'a thunk.

Get notified of new replies

To Q-Jet off idle stumble - Update

Quick Reply: Q-Jet off idle stumble - Update