C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware of Corvette Barn

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 09:19 PM
Shaggy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of Corvette Barn

I purchased a deluxe interior door trim panel from Corvette Barn, Harpursville NY 13787. Contact was made through this web site. I asked if the chrome was in good condition. I didn't care about the wood trim because I purchased a new pair. He said the chrome was good, so I sent him $25 plus shipping. When it arrived, I got a panel that is chipped and pitted worse then the one I want to replace. I've made several attempts to e-mail Adrian, but he hasn't replied to any.

[Modified by GDaina, 8:48 AM 1/10/2002]
Old 01-08-2002, 12:58 AM
Cruzmeisters
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Re: Beware of Corvette Barn (Shaggy)

YOOOO, ADRIAN...(from "Rocky") ;)
Cruz
Old 01-08-2002, 02:52 AM
daily_driver
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Beware of Corvette Barn (Cruzmeisters)

now im glad i didnt buy those parts from him!!

:lol:
Old 01-09-2002, 06:24 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Today's age, most everybody has a digital camera, or at least a cheapy instamatic.

Doesn't hurt to ask for pics prior to purchase
Old 01-09-2002, 09:25 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: Beware of Corvette Barn (GDaina)

George,
I do wonder about letting these posts on with an "alleged" bad supplier's name, rank and serial number. There is no way to determine the validity of each side of the story. But the supplier is up on the clothes line for all to see. This does not sit well with me.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:34 PM
ddn
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Beware of Corvette Barn (paul79)

paul79: They have their opportunity to defend themselves, atleast tell their side of the story. Plus, I believe this is a Forum member.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:36 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Default Re: Beware of Corvette Barn (ddn)

We are speaking of a person's home address. That is an invasion of privacy.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:45 PM
ddn
Burning Brakes

paul79: I guess I didn't read it fully and see his home address. I see what you're saying, but if he's given him enough of a chance to make good, then it's probably the last resort. Invasion of privacy however, I don't think it is.
Old 01-09-2002, 10:01 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Default Re: Beware of Corvette Barn (ddn)

The buyer sent e-mails but with no reply. My e-mail has been down for about 9 of the last 14 days owing to the @Home bankruptcy. I certainly would not want my personal information posted in the Forum for circumstances beyond my control. If in fact that is the problem. I am not saying it is; but it could be. We readers do just not know. I feel very strongly about this. It has happened several times in recent months where names of individuals and their personal information have been posted by disgruntled or dis-satisfied buyers of Corvette parts. The immediate reaction of posters is to condemn the seller. This to me is not right. In my opinion, this Forum is not the place for public disclosure of such personal disputes. And I do not believe that the buyer and seller should fight it out in this arena. Keep it off-line.

[Modified by paul79, 9:08 PM 1/9/2002]
Old 01-10-2002, 04:11 AM
DREGSZ
Melting Slicks

pehaps the C3 board is not the right arena to slug it out.
But the classified board Definitely IS the right place to post bad experiences with sellers contacted from this board.
I feel strongly that this is an appropriate venue to air it out, I encourage prudence, but ine way or the other if you get burned by a poster on the board and can't resolve it.
DEFINITELY post it here.
BTW the precedence has been set on many other car boards that bad dealers get exposed

What have you got to hide?
Old 01-10-2002, 07:46 AM
Gary79
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Beware of Corvette Barn (Evan Ginsberg)

i'm in favor of letting it "air" out in this forum,maybe putting his address in is an invasion of privacy and shouldn't be mentioned right away, but this guy has had a couple of days to defend himself and he is running a business,what business doesn't publish their address?? most do. let the chips fall where they may. if his computer died or server went down,hey there's always the telephone, us mail, and yes,even telegrams. i only pay be credit card anymore if i can't physically see and hold what i'm buying. good luck,i hope the guy responds,i don't like to see people get ripped on either side of the ball.which reminds me ----- GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2002, 07:55 AM
mountainmotor
Drifting

Default Re: Beware of Corvette Barn (Gary79)

Looks to be opposing opinions here.I say

Go Bears! :)
Old 01-10-2002, 10:57 AM
Paul L
Team Owner

Default Re: Beware of Corvette Barn (mountainmotor)

A forum is by definition a place giving opportunity for debate. I have expressed my opinion and others have expressed theirs. I do thank the Administrators for allowing that to happen!
Old 01-10-2002, 11:25 AM
MikeT
Instructor

Guys, I recently bought a rear window tray from Adrian and everything went exceptionally smooth. I talked to him by phone first and agreed to send him a cashiers check for $60 and got what I think is a "good deal" as the tray came with the hinges too and was in good shape. I had another friend who bought both the rear window and tray from Adrian at the same time and everything worked out for him also. Something must be wrong at Adrian's house/work as I think that this guy is very trustworthy and will deliver as promised. Keep trying to call him!!!!
Mike
Old 01-10-2002, 03:39 PM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

Default Re: Beware of Corvette Barn (MikeT)

Sent a trailing arm to Adrian. This was one of my "give-away" arms that I offered free to anyone on the forum who wanted to pick it up at my house. Since he was in New York, I packed it up. Cost to ship was about $12.00. I sent it off. Adrian sent me a check for $20.00 pronto. No problems here. I REALLY DO NOT LIKE THESE VENDOR BASHING THREADS. If you have a problem with someone, it should be resolved PRIVATELY. Chuck
Old 01-10-2002, 03:57 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Default Re: Beware of Corvette Barn (Chuck Gongloff)

Chuck, Amen.
Old 01-10-2002, 09:13 PM
Racer-X
Pro

I think Shaggy did the right thing. This is to let all the vendors know that if you screw a forum member everyone will know about it. I want to know if a vendor is not on the up and up. Why did Adrian not get back in touch with Shaggy and rectify the matter????? I Talked to Adrian a few weeks ago about a part and I am glad to find out that I have to use caution when I deal with him, IF I deal with him. If he wants to maintain a good reputation he should have contacted Shaggy and made him happy. If you are a dealer, DO NOT screw a forum member because we will all find out about it and YOU WILL loose alot of business.

:nono:

Get notified of new replies

To Beware of Corvette Barn

Old 01-10-2002, 09:42 PM
Shaggy
Racer

Default Re: Beware of Corvette Barn (Racer-X)

OK,OK guys, take in down a few levels. I certaintly didn't mean to stir up trouble. Adrian has contacted me since I started this post. But with no explanation of why it took so long to reply. I won't even begin to repeat what he said to me concerning the deal, but can forward to anyone who wants to read for themselves. (Lets say it wasn't service with a smile) As of now, he has no intentions in refunding my money. In "MY" opinion he won't because he accepted my guaranty funds and mailed me something that was not as good as he told me. So much for the trust factor. He's e-mail gave me the attitude that he now has my money, so I'm stuck with the part. I asked him to allow me to retun the part for a refund. This way no one losses anything. He has his part back, I have my money back. He denied. I told him that I would have to seek other means if asking him was unsuccessful. He told me to do what I had to. I'm not trying to cause problems, just thought a warning to those out there would want to know.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:11 AM
Racer-X
Pro

I hope it was worth it to him. He lost a sale with me. :seeya
Old 01-11-2002, 12:16 AM
topless68
Melting Slicks

Shaggy,

I think you did the right thing. If someone is going to use the "free" forum to reach and peddle their goods to its members, and does not come thru with what they promised they should pay the price. If he gave a rat's a s s about his reputation and continuing to peddle to forum members, he has the opportunity to post his side of the story.

If he is even trying to do the right thing with a transaction, he should make the customer happy. He came to the forum to do business, the forum didn't come to him.

I appreciate it when people post bad experiences with vendors/sellers...and let the reader decide. If you don't like....don't read.

Quick Reply: Beware of Corvette Barn