C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper Dood Vac Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 12:46 AM
je68
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper Dood Vac Help

After Installing the wiper door and all the missing parts as in the AIM they don’t work. The headlight also won’t open. But if I block off the two lines going to the wiper actuator the headlights will open. Any body have any idea what the problem is.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:45 AM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: Wiper Dood Vac Help (je68)

But if I block off the two lines going to the wiper actuator the headlights will open.
Do the headlights automatically pop open when you block off the lines to the wiper actuator, or do you mean that the headlights will open when you switch them on or use the over-ride switch, but only if the wiper actuator is blocked off?

I am trying to figure out if you have it plumbed incorrectly or if you have a vacuum leak close to the wiper actuator... MJ

[Modified by MNJack, 12:47 AM 1/7/2002]
Old 01-07-2002, 02:01 PM
je68
Instructor

Default Re: Wiper Dood Vac Help (MNJack)

The headlights work as they should as long as the wiperdoor lines are blocked off. John
Old 01-07-2002, 02:51 PM
Garys '68
Racer

Default Re: Wiper Dood Vac Help (Ed T)

I assume you mean that you have to plug the 2 large vacuum lines that connect to the 2 ports on the wiper vacuum canister in order to get the headlights to work. If that's the case, you've got a big leak in the wiper vacuum canister on the firewall. There's not enough vacuum being maintained in the system to actuate the lights.
Do you have the early (cylindrical can) or late (2 pie tins) 68 wiper canister?
Gary
Old 01-07-2002, 05:13 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: Wiper Dood Vac Help (Garys '68)

I assume you mean that you have to plug the 2 large vacuum lines that connect to the 2 ports on the wiper vacuum canister in order to get the headlights to work. If that's the case, you've got a big leak in the wiper vacuum canister on the firewall. There's not enough vacuum being maintained in the system to actuate the lights.
Do you have the early (cylindrical can) or late (2 pie tins) 68 wiper canister?
Gary
That's what I was getting at, and seems to me that is the likely problem. You might even be able to hear it leaking (hissing), although your idle may be a bit loud with that 502! :) MJ
Old 01-07-2002, 06:12 PM
je68
Instructor

Default Re: Wiper Dood Vac Help (Garys '68)

No I have the two lines that come from the drivers side one big and one small that attach to the actuator valve

Get notified of new replies

To Wiper Dood Vac Help

Quick Reply: Wiper Dood Vac Help