C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To pull engine or not- cam/head replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 08:51 PM
stingraynick75
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts

Default To pull engine or not- cam/head replacement

I have intake off and need to remove radiator but looking at the situation I'm thinking it will be easier to just pull engine and leave rad.(its new anyway). This is a 1975 w/ A.C. and the right exhaust is tight, I am also removing the heads, I would like to put in a new oil pump also! Any advice would be great. :yesnod:
Old 01-06-2002, 09:09 PM
Aaron-74
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: To pull engine or not- cam/head replacement (stingraynick75)

Here is my current situation....

I have CompCams XE-262-H-10 going in. Along with Dyno-Max exhuast system. And fully ported and re-built 882 heads. All with the motor in. You have to take the radiator out to do the cam. And since you have it out, why not re-build the radiator. My suspension was just rebuilt too. Anyway, you don't HAVE to pull the motor. It will probably just get you spending more money if you did..LOL.
Old 01-06-2002, 09:12 PM
Aaron-74
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: To pull engine or not- cam/head replacement (stingraynick75)

But, if your going to do the oil pump it might be easier with the motor out, since it's in the sump. You won't have to work on your back with the motor out. But, you don't have to pull the motor to do the cam and heads. If your doing the oil pump, why not replace the bearings. It will boost your oil pressure up.

Get notified of new replies

To To pull engine or not- cam/head replacement

Quick Reply: To pull engine or not- cam/head replacement