C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

carb for a 76 stingray

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 06:01 PM
TheRed
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb for a 76 stingray

Hi everyone! I'm planning on putting a new carb on 350. The current holley that is sitting on the motor is poor shape. The engine has a comp 268 cam and aluminum intake, but is otherwise untouched. I have been thinking about putting another holley on, but have not really made up my mind. I was wondering if any one had a suggestion on which carb I should choose. Would a 670 cfm holley street avenger be too much carb for my application?
Thanks,
Ryan
Old 01-06-2002, 06:04 PM
xfactor974
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: carb for a 76 stingray (TheRed)

I have about the same setup. I think that a 650 Holley should be plenty. Right now I have a demon on mine and it works great. It's really up to you but your cfm requirements should'nt be higher than a 650 can generate
Old 01-06-2002, 06:21 PM
ED DINAPOLI
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Re: carb for a 76 stingray (TheRed)

TheRed,
The 670 Avenger is a vacuum secondary carb. This should work fine on your set up. The vacuum secondaries will make the carb deliever the air flow that you need when you need it and will not over carb the engne. You may need to adjust the secondary spring tension for you engine.
Ed

Get notified of new replies

To carb for a 76 stingray

Quick Reply: carb for a 76 stingray