C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The engine is out - few questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 05:16 PM
SteveG75
Le Mans Master

Received 521 Likes on 351 Posts

Default The engine is out - few questions

It came out easier than I thought.

Couldn't find a leveler so did it in pieces. Tranny, bellhousing, clutch, then engine. Took about two hours. BTW saw a leveler at the parts store for $40 after it was out :mad .

Anyway. Looking at the pieces to replace and have a clutch question. Haynes says different clutch fork studs for L82 and L48. All the catalogs I have only list one.

Throwout bearing was missing about 1" of lip (wonder if that is why the clutch made noise) :smash: .

Now to clean or get replacement parts, get tranny rebuilt and put it all back together.

BTW: Anybody ever deal with these guys. http://www.golensengineservice.com They have not been blacklisted by BBB and have a 450 HP 400 cube motor for $3999.

[Modified by SteveG75, 3:18 PM 1/6/2002]
Old 01-06-2002, 06:03 PM
xfactor974
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The engine is out - few questions (SteveG75)

Sounds like you're doing pretty good there. I can't say that I've delt with those engine service guys. I have a local speed shop that could do all the engine service for me. They build some pretty nice race cars. :seeya

Quick Reply: The engine is out - few questions