C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

always when i am not in the vette...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 04:46 PM
1Bad69
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default always when i am not in the vette...

i seem to run into guys that want to race...lots of ricers too....i used to have an explorer which i just got rid of a few months ago...when i drove the vette they must see you coming and turn off ...anyone else catch these guys with the other car too?????
Old 01-06-2002, 05:52 PM
Corz
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: always when i am not in the vette... (1bad69)

i never get it in the daily driver.. its a 95 S10 4banger.. i only have 2 wins in that hog.. one was a CRX with 200,xxx miles and the other was a 98 S10 4banger.. oddly enough the only ones that race me in the vette are guys in stangs, or riceboys that think there 17 second hot rod is phast. which is typical.. and i just leave the car in drive and stay out of the 4bbl and I'm still waivin bye bye :seeya
Old 01-06-2002, 05:56 PM
427V8
C6 the C5 of tomorrow
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: always when i am not in the vette... (Corzvette69)

I had a lot of fun on the freeway with a newer porshe of some kind, traffic was kinda heavy so it was more of who could be in the right lane at the right time rather than a test of power:D

Oh BTW, I was in my '92 Saturn :D:D
Old 01-06-2002, 06:14 PM
1Bad69
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: always when i am not in the vette... (427V8)

thats fun too..its like a game of chess....
Old 01-06-2002, 06:53 PM
ScubaJKD
Burning Brakes

Default Re: always when i am not in the vette... (1bad69)

My driver is a 93 Lexus SC300. I get kids comming up to me all the time wanting to talk about adding NOS and wheels and a wing to it. It always cracks me up. I'm like come on kid this is a Toyota. It has 160K on it and I drive the living heck out of it. When I am in the vette the ricers tend to stay away but the stangs always want to play. I think the sidepipes scare the hell out of the younger generation. Probably because they just dont look very enviornmentally freindly. hahahaha.
Old 01-06-2002, 07:06 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: always when i am not in the vette... (ScubaJKD)

repeat post...sorry.

Daniel

[Modified by daniel77350, 11:08 PM 1/6/2002]

[Modified by daniel77350, 11:08 PM 1/6/2002]
Old 01-06-2002, 07:08 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: always when i am not in the vette... (ScubaJKD)

I had the extreem pleasure to drive a 2000 Porshe Cararra in Fla(and I was alone in the car) and a red mercedes pulled up to me and started revving like it wanted to play. I thought "hell ya I can see what this babby will do". So I switched it over to the steering wheel button shifting(very :cool: ) and revved back. I looked over and it was a blonde chick, she didn't want to race, she wanted my attention so we could go out sometime. :lol: Sadly I declined as I was leaving the next day, but when the light went green, I still took off like a bat outta hell. I was grinnin for ear to ear, its much quicker off the line then the vette. :D

As for the vette, I've NEVER had anyone challange me to a race when I was in it. They will get beside me at a stop light, and look the other way, then at the very next light will line up next to a camaro or 'stang or fellow ricer, and the race is on. Once on a 3 lane two where revin at the light, I pulled into the third lane and let them know I wanted to play too...needless to say the game was over before it even started. :( Maybe they got scared? Thats happened a few times, I guess no one wants to play when the 'vette is feeling frisky(everytime I drive it) :jester .

Daniel
PS. the sound of my glass packs when I rev it is loud enough to be heard over the typical fart pipe(camaro's and stang's have them too)...I guess thats what scared them the most. I guess I have the biggest bark, but my bite would probably be similar to a well tuned ricer(L-48 auto)...

Get notified of new replies

To always when i am not in the vette...

Quick Reply: always when i am not in the vette...