C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling sellers: 71 value

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 01:24 PM
71coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Calling sellers: 71 value

I'm trieing to determine an asking price for my '71. (thinking of putting it up on the market & picking up a roadster later).
What it has (in storage) original block -.030, carb, dist, radio, intake, LT-1 valve covers, water pump, extra half-shafts, stainless exhaust, original spare.
Milege on car??(OD reads 20,000 now)
Curently has a new motor 355 with Dart alum heads - 3000 miles. MSD 6T, MSD Soft Touch rev control, MSD Timing computer, Mallory Comp 9000 Unilte dist, Jacobs Energy Team coil, Fresh rebuild on Muncie, Hurst shifter, fairly new clutch, new tires, alingment.

What's wrong with it:
Wipers inop (Missing some pieces for door mechinisum & wiper assy).
Has dent in frame on driver side (6" section - in about 1"deep, but frame is straight otherwise)
A few small chips in paint (paint is 10 years old & good condition).
No rust - original California car.

Factory options: Tilt-tele, pwr steering, pwr brakes, FM radio, optional wheel covers(storage)
Standard 270 hp, 4 speed muncie, 3.36 gears.
Ebay a good idea?

Thanks.

Old 01-06-2002, 01:43 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Re: Calling sellers: 71 value (71coupe)

11-15k Maybe........Tough time to sell right now
Old 01-06-2002, 03:10 PM
lbell101
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Calling sellers: 71 value (71coupe)

NADA shows my car at an average retail of $14,218. Of course that's just a guideline and I believe it to be a couple thousand dollars high.
Selling on eBay is alright. I've both bought and sold vehicles on it. I would think being in an urban area like you are would be even better. You have a large pool of buyers that wouldn't have to ship it.
The biggest problem I've seen with selling cars on eBay is that they seem to believe it's more of a promise to look at the car rather than buy it. I sold my truck on eBay to a guy about 8 hours from home. I didn't get the $$ up front and delivered the truck for gas money cause he seemed like a cool guy. When I got there he started trying to get a better deal. He used the term "if I buy it" alot. I ended up giving him a couple hundred dollars off for new brake parts he thought it should have. In other words, if you sell this way, you can't be a nice guy. They need to arrange pickup or shipping and you should have a very clear deadline about how and when you get paid.

Get notified of new replies

To Calling sellers: 71 value

Quick Reply: Calling sellers: 71 value