C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car insurance question, who to go with in texas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 12:08 AM
DaveL82
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Car insurance question, who to go with in texas?

I've been with Allstate for 24 years but they just raised my rates 14%!! My wife and I have no tickets. The agent I had in Ga many years ago was very knowledgable and helpful. However, the agent we had in Minnesota wasn't that great and the one we have been using in Texas for the last 5 years is terrible. They provide no help at all. In fact, they told my wife that if we get insurance else where, then come back after 30 days when get a huge discount!

This has me real frustrated, since Allstate does not seem interested in helping me get another agent (seems they have a problems or concerns about agents taking clients form other agents).

My wife talked with a Nationwide agent and he gave a much better rate and seemed real helpful. May also talk to StateFarm.

We have an 1980 vette (owned for 17 years), 2000 Volvo S70, 1985 Mercedes Benz 300D and a 1975 International Scout. These are driven by my wife and I only. Note that I do drive the vette to work sometimes so I don't want limited driving requirements on it. Both the vette and Volvo are full coverage.

Any other suggestions on insurance companies?

dave
Old 01-06-2002, 12:13 AM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Default Re: Car insurance question, who to go with in texas? (DaveL82)

For my drivers I am with State Farm. For the collection, I use Haggerty's.

tom...
Old 01-06-2002, 12:56 AM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

I've looked around and found the best rates with Nationwide. Service sofar has been fine, but I haven't filed any claims.

Old 01-06-2002, 02:16 AM
JB
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

I'm with Allstate & haven't been jacked up yet. Probably will happen, though.

Hagarty's will definitely give the best rate and the least restrictions for collector car insurance (and very little hassle--all they want is a picture of the car, no inspections). BUT, be aware that the state of Texas makes them put a rider on their policies which says you are only insured under the policy if you use the car primarily for parades and club events. If you drive your car like most of us do, primarily as a pleasure driver, you're technically not insured, and I personally wouldn't want to have to depend on insurance with that kind of condition on it.

JB

'78SA

Get notified of new replies

To Car insurance question, who to go with in texas?

Quick Reply: Car insurance question, who to go with in texas?